WalMart return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better one... Buy some oil, put it in your car and take back the old stuff and claim that that was in the bottle when you bought it and that someone else must have pulled the scam. They will give you a new jug of oil. Then you do it to another Big-Box store and so-on...
grin2.gif

Oh so bad...

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
If you change your oil every 500 miles, it might not look so used.

Nice... Perfect Scam, Low Wear, and cheap... I like it!

I normally expect someone to use the oil they bought, even putting it in a lesser vehicle if they change their mind. In the case of Mobil 1, I can see justification to return it. I'm using Mobil 1 now, but it's old SL 0w-30.

Only 42 quarts left to return: 12 M-1 5-30 EP and 30 M-1 5-30. HAve to explain the situation to the wife (picture that one--felt like I was back in the confessional-forgive me wife, for I have sinned-I purchased Mobil-1 in quantity because I trusted it, even with high iron levels)as she is going to help in the returns
Will install the AMSOIL 5-30 syn I purchased a while ago. The regular fleet will survive on PP and Synpower.

Steve

Steve

Originally Posted By: steve20
Only 42 quarts left to return: 12 M-1 5-30 EP and 30 M-1 5-30. HAve to explain the situation to the wife (picture that one--felt like I was back in the confessional-forgive me wife, for I have sinned-I purchased Mobil-1 in quantity because I trusted it, even with high iron levels)as she is going to help in the returns
Will install the AMSOIL 5-30 syn I purchased a while ago. The regular fleet will survive on PP and Synpower.

Steve

This guy is nuts.

Originally Posted By: sunfire

Steve

This guy is nuts.

+1

I have been returning my M-1 to WMT in lots of 12 over the past month. Of course, I cannot locate the receipts. Found out last night WalMart allows 3 returns per year per customer without a receipt. Next return will be a lot more than 12 quarts, then we'll start using the wife for returns without a receipt.

Steve

XOM you are no longer welcome in my garage.

Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe I missed your reason? But why again are you so anti Mobil 1 now? Im willing to bet your already prepared for 2012 too?
16.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: Boomer
Big scam locally was folks buying M-1, taking it home, doing an oil change, refilling the M-1 container with the used oil, gluing a piece of foil over the top and going back with the receipt for a refund. Next buyer gets a container of black, used oil.

Only in America...

Actually not, My father went to Rio and was warned not to buy suntan lotion from vendors on the beach... same scam; I wonder what the SPF is of used 5W-30?

Last edited:
So....he wrote off Mobil 1,and is returing his stock pile because of customer scam? Or because of some recent test that said Castrol is better then Mobil 1?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back