WalMart return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing the same thing with 36 quarts of PP 5w-30. Got a great deal on it but sold my last vehicle (an 04 avalanche) that can use this oil.

No receipts (can't locate them), but they're giving me gift cards.

I'll just trade it in on M1 TDT or Rotella, some 5w-20, some 75w-90 and maybe some Dex VI. Wally world gets the sale either way, plus everything else I buy in doing the exchange and going back for the new oil.

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
Originally Posted By: steve20
I have been returning my M-1 to WMT in lots of 12 over the past month. Of course, I cannot locate the receipts. Found out last night WalMart allows 3 returns per year per customer without a receipt. Next return will be a lot more than 12 quarts, then we'll start using the wife for returns without a receipt.

Steve

XOM you are no longer welcome in my garage.

Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe I missed your reason? But why again are you so anti Mobil 1 now? Im willing to bet your already prepared for 2012 too?
16.gif

He returned the oil around the time Valvoline had made the claim that Mobil 1 failed the tests. That was when the SHTF. I had contacted Mobil via email and wasn't happy with their replies and the general attitude they had toward me a loyal customer for decades. I also returned some, not nearly as much as he did. Several BITOG members did as well.

BTW I am not adding fuel to a fire, I simply returned mine because I was not happy with the way I was treated as a customer with a simple question. For me it was nothing more than that!

I'm in a customer service business, treat any customer like garbage and they spend their money elsewhere, good products or not. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
Originally Posted By: steve20
I have been returning my M-1 to WMT in lots of 12 over the past month. Of course, I cannot locate the receipts. Found out last night WalMart allows 3 returns per year per customer without a receipt. Next return will be a lot more than 12 quarts, then we'll start using the wife for returns without a receipt.

Steve

XOM you are no longer welcome in my garage.

Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe I missed your reason? But why again are you so anti Mobil 1 now? Im willing to bet your already prepared for 2012 too?
16.gif

He returned the oil around the time Valvoline had made the claim that Mobil 1 failed the tests. That was when the SHTF. I had contacted Mobil via email and wasn't happy with their replies and the general attitude they had toward me a loyal customer for decades. I also returned some, not nearly as much as he did. Several BITOG members did as well.

BTW I am not adding fuel to a fire, I simply returned mine because I was not happy with the way I was treated as a customer with a simple question. For me it was nothing more than that!

I'm in a customer service business, treat any customer like garbage and they spend their money elsewhere, good products or not. JMO

XOM can treat me however they please. As long as they keep making a quality product for a reasonable price, I don't care.

This is weird. First we buy a very large quanity of oil, We don't keep receipts? Then we want to take it all back for some reason. Weird to say the least.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
This is weird. First we buy a very large quanity of oil, We don't keep receipts? Then we want to take it all back for some reason. Weird to say the least.

Not weird if your car's out of warranty. Have you still got your toilet paper receipts?

I personally didn't think I'd be without a car that asked for 5w-30.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Big scam locally was folks buying M-1, taking it home, doing an oil change, refilling the M-1 container with the used oil, gluing a piece of foil over the top and going back with the receipt for a refund. Next buyer gets a container of black, used oil.

Awesome! You all that a 'scam'? I call that a 'bonus' (providing they were changing M1 every 3k, and filtering it before they put it back in the bottle). Broken in oil!

I have a boatload of PP here I got for free from SOPUS. It'll take forever to use it up and I'm not even that picky about oil. Do you think I'll take it back, even for Wallybucks? No way. It's mine and I'll use it. You bought the Mobil 1, it's yours and you should use it.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5

Not weird if your car's out of warranty. Have you still got your toilet paper receipts?

I personally didn't think I'd be without a car that asked for 5w-30.

Good point!

Honestly I don't see the harm in the guy returning the oil to Wal-Mart. He decided for what-ever reason he didn't want to use it, Wal-Mart took it back, game over. Lets say his car was stolen or totaled and he needed to change grades of oil, if a store is willing to swap grades or brands, why not?

I've lost faith in products, or found better products for less, just because I bought something shouldn't mean I'm stuck with it and have to use it. My feeling it Wal-Mart allowed him to return it, they could have sent him on his way, they didn't. He didn't rob it, no guns were involved.

But there is a case here for not building up too big a stash. It does tie you up in the event something better for less is discovered here on Bitog. LOL

AD

Sorry if i offended anyone because from my personal experience, I keep receipts. In addition, I usually don't keep more than one year of oil and filters ahead. Ed

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
just because I bought something shouldn't mean I'm stuck with it and have to use it.

Responsibility. It is in short supply these days. Think before you jump.

My gut feeling on returning the M1 without a reciept:

I wonder if you bought it on sale and are returning it for a higher price? That is theft if that is the case.

+2 milwaukee & audi junkie. I think I'd be embarrassed to ask WM to spend the time & dollars restocking a large quaint of oil I bought and didn't even keep receipts.

Originally Posted By: tig1

What about the piston slap some Vette engines have? Will you return your Vettes also?

I returned my last GM (and I mean last) piston slapper to the Toyota dealer across the street.

The suggestion by some in this thread that hoarding a stash of your favorite or super cheap closeout syn oil is a bad idea ismaking me want to:
37.gif

Last edited:
Sorry if i offended anyone because from my personal experience, I keep receipts. In addition, I usually don't keep more than one year of oil and filters ahead. Ed

No offense taken!
11.gif

Wal-mart's return policy is part of the deal when you buy from them and it's in their price. Nothing wrong with availing yourself of the return privileges that were offered when you bought something. As long as no abuse is present.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Originally Posted By: ADFD1
just because I bought something shouldn't mean I'm stuck with it and have to use it.

Responsibility. It is in short supply these days. Think before you jump.

My gut feeling on returning the M1 without a reciept:

I wonder if you bought it on sale and are returning it for a higher price? That is theft if that is the case.

No where in my post did I mention buying or returning anything. I made a general statement. No need for me to think before I jump, and I am certainly not a thief.

I was referring to a member who posted about returning his stash. If Wal-Mart allows it, why should anyone be concerned with their policy? What ever it is that Wal-Mart is doing it appears to be working, they are the #1 retailor in the world.

no need to make money by buying on sale and returning to WMT for a higher price.....Think of how stupid that would sound in the Confessional?

Steve

Yeah, but if you did but all this oil on sale, and are returning it at 'regular price'...then 'technically' you are stealing....so ARE you making money off this deal? Or did you buy and are returning it at regular price?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
then 'technically' you are stealing....

No it would be stealing. Funny thing is you'd be on camera, and allowed to do it by Wal-Mart. What a world we live in.
21.gif
I'm sure their liberal return policy will end sooner or later.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back