WalMart return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been returning my M-1 to WMT in lots of 12 over the past month. Of course, I cannot locate the receipts. Found out last night WalMart allows 3 returns per year per customer without a receipt. Next return will be a lot more than 12 quarts, then we'll start using the wife for returns without a receipt.

Steve

XOM you are no longer welcome in my garage.

What if XOM shows the results of some other test where it beats Castrol 8-fold? Will you buy it all right back?

Oh, the power of advertizing...

my local walmart has a sign that states no returns without a reciept. It goes on to mention something about full cash refunds for the 1st 30 days, then store credits after the 30 days. Even store credits require reciepts. I think the reason for this is because there is about 8 stores within a 20 mile radius right along the OR/WA state lines. Oregon doesnt have sales tax, but they have lower prices on some items, like LCD tv's. I think people were buying big ticket items like $600 tv's and then trying to take them back to the walmarts in washington to get $670 + tax returned to them in a store credit.

The store managers couldnt even explain the price differences to me when I was TV shopping. 6 oregon stores were sold out of the one I wanted, but the washington store have 5 in stock, but they were $100 more, and i would have had to pay another $50 in sales tax. Even thier website shows the price difference between stores

Last edited:
Big scam locally was folks buying M-1, taking it home, doing an oil change, refilling the M-1 container with the used oil, gluing a piece of foil over the top and going back with the receipt for a refund. Next buyer gets a container of black, used oil.

Originally Posted By: steve20
I have been returning my M-1 to WMT in lots of 12 over the past month. Of course, I cannot locate the receipts. Found out last night WalMart allows 3 returns per year per customer without a receipt. Next return will be a lot more than 12 quarts, then we'll start using the wife for returns without a receipt.

Steve

XOM you are no longer welcome in my garage.

I must be missing something.
3 questions:
1. why are you returning it?
2. why do you have so much?
3. what is XOM?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
XOM is the New York Stock Exchange ticker/abbreviation for ExxonMobil.

oh.
so this is a protest of sorts, to stop using their product?

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Big scam locally was folks buying M-1, taking it home, doing an oil change, refilling the M-1 container with the used oil, gluing a piece of foil over the top and going back with the receipt for a refund. Next buyer gets a container of black, used oil.

I can just imagine the look on those people face when they saw the black oil coming out of the bottle...

I can tell you the look because I bought one once.....

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Now I open before buying.
smirk2.gif

John

No wonder Castrol tested 8x better.
LOL.gif

It must be a pretty high tech scam. They do check the caps to see if the were tamperd with when I returned some oil. All the oil bottles I have, have the plastic ring below the cap, and when the seal is broken its pretty easy to tell.

I don't recall any foil used with motor oil caps, at least the oil I have. Am I missing something? My mind has been a little preoccupied lately.

Last edited:
If the cashier doesn't know they might see the foil and assume it was supposed to. Yes, the seal was broken but I just didn't notice...I never would have guessed someone would do such a thing. But then I can be a bit naive sometimes.

John

Man that is terrible...and you know they knew what they were doing because they had the money to buy M-1 to begin with...

I am about sold on dino now anyway...my crankcase in one of my vehicles has M-1 HM in it, but I will be switching to eithe GTX HM or MAXLIFE

Originally Posted By: John_K
I can tell you the look because I bought one once.....

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Now I open before buying.
smirk2.gif

John

Isn't there a foil seal on all of the oil bottles (I only buy the 5 qt bottles) that would make tampering impossible?

limit of 3 return without a receipt per customer per year applies to in store credit. I wasn't looking for cash back. Wally dollars are as good as cash to my wife anyway.
Reason for M-1 return: 'apparently' they have been providing a product that does not meet specifications printed on the label, and "apparently" got caught. "If" they did it here, my thought is they did it in other places as well. I work really hard to be able to drive 2 Corvettes and would never trust their performance to the likes of XOM again. Even the M-1 oil filters are going back lock stock and barrel. Wouldn't use any of theri products if they were given to me for free.
Steve

hmmm. well, those oil filters are the best you can buy. If you are returning oil filters cuz you do not like the company, and are returning their oil due to claims by another company, who's explaination diagram does not even have units on the y axis, well w/e. kinda ridiculous if ya ask me.

Only in America...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

No wonder Castrol tested 8x better.
LOL.gif

That's hysterical.

Originally Posted By: steve20
limit of 3 return without a receipt per customer per year applies to in store credit. I wasn't looking for cash back. Wally dollars are as good as cash to my wife anyway.
Reason for M-1 return: 'apparently' they have been providing a product that does not meet specifications printed on the label, and "apparently" got caught. "If" they did it here, my thought is they did it in other places as well. I work really hard to be able to drive 2 Corvettes and would never trust their performance to the likes of XOM again. Even the M-1 oil filters are going back lock stock and barrel. Wouldn't use any of theri products if they were given to me for free.
Steve

What about the piston slap some Vette engines have? Will you return your Vettes also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back