Walmart gas?

We used to have them around here then they kind of disappeared in the early 2010s. There's still one at the Walmart outside of Shamokin PA. I stop there once a while when we're at the big offroad park.

Murphy USA is a private company - there traded on the NYSE ticker symbol MUSA. What there exact relationship with walmart is I don't know - but most of there stores are next to Walmart.

In some locations Walmart does have there own station - it so happens we have one of both near my house depending on which direction I go. I fill at both often because there often the cheapest, and never have had any issues.
Murphy Oil spun off Murphy USA about 2013. Murphy USA came out of the deal to co-locate w/ Walmart. There are still some Murphy Express stations around that are larger with more convenience store stuff.
That's why I'm back here. It was a nice Saturday & I needed a qt of 10w30 for a new generator that needed cranked & run. No non-eth gas nearby so headed to Mapco about 10 miles south. Got 2.5 gallons of 91octane real gas ($10) and crossed the street to Target for spec'ed 10w30 Pennzoil. The lot was so full, I said F' this. I had planned to check if the Murphys Express had real gas so I headed back home & stopped in Murphys Express & it was busy too. So I just went in to ask if they had real gas (no) & look at their oil. I got the last qt of Murphy 10w30 Semi-Synthetic b/c there was no one in line, so I was in & out. BTW the generator cranked right up & ran 2 .1 hours AOK & voltages good. Today I googled Murphy 10w30 but can't find any info on this Murphy semi-synthetic. Checked PQIA.com & the Murphy dino juice is rated green, but no synthetics. Google came up empty except a wholesaler selling Murphy oil & a facebook for Murphys. I asked if Murphys blends their own oil or if Warren does it?

Attachments

• PXL_20220904_211112041.jpg
    PXL_20220904_211112041.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back