Walmart gas?

Never have had a problem with Murphy's or Sam's Club. 87 or 91

I use Sam's Club premium in my cycle when I am near there. Today it was only $3.59

Except for the wait occasionally, once every 5 or visits.

Last edited:
I was buying at Costco or Sam's all the time, but for the last few months cars are lined up to save a bit. I am not willing to sit in line for gas so have been using Murphy at my local Walmart Express. Not top tier, but that's life. Nothing to fret over, that's for sure.

Just this week I saw a post from you saying to move west…

Am I missing something?
Move east. You get $50 a day for jury duty and minimum wage is $14.25 going to $15 in January. And we have plenty of rust here. Means there's not that many old junkers on the road. And we get 93 for super, no 91. Plenty of traffic too so not as many deadly accidents due to slower speeds.
Change by the quart.
They charge by the liter in Canada.

Everyone always implies that it's the "tax" that makes fuel higher in California but it's $0.54 compared to $0.385 in Ohio. Yeah, it's higher, but not dollars higher. Fuel here is $3.40-3.60/gallon currently.
Here you go, this was written in 2021 and just July 2022 California gas taxes went up even more but as of 2021 hidden fees and other costs are also a hidden tax and people in California pay over a dollar a gallon in taxes and fees built into the price of a gallon of gas.

Here you go
They are charged sales tax on fuel in California. Never even thought about that here.... We have sales tax and it's on basically everything except food and I never realized, fuel. The tax we pay on fuel is supposed to be for "the roads".

Murphy USA is a private company - there traded on the NYSE ticker symbol MUSA. What there exact relationship with walmart is I don't know - but most of there stores are next to Walmart.

In some locations Walmart does have there own station - it so happens we have one of both near my house depending on which direction I go. I fill at both often because there often the cheapest, and never have had any issues.

Using the Walmart app, Walmart+ members will receive 10¢ off per gallon at Exxon & Mobil stations, up to 10¢ off at select Walmart & Murphy stations, and member prices at Sam’s Club fuel centers.

Back