Walmart battery warranty policy

Got an Everstart Max in my Tahoe from 1/2021. I wanted to swap it out for a fresh one -- I do battery tests every few months and this one is showing weak. FWIW -- this battery has been abused pretty bad.

I don't have the receipt super handy, can they do all that they need from the serial number on the battery tag/sticker?

Also, does the replacement battery pick up where the original one left off as far as warranty date, or does the clock start over again?

Lastly, do they let you swap group sizes or is it original size only? Thanks.
How do you find Walmart's store brand (EverStart) batteries? Do they typically last 5 years or do they need frequent replacment?

How do you find Walmart's store brand (EverStart) batteries? Do they typically last 5 years or do they need frequent replacment?
Ehh, they were better years ago for sure. I bought the one in question in Feb of 2021 and while I have used it kinda heavily, I am surprised how quickly it ended up being weak. For the record, I used the term "abused" loosely when in fact what I was doing with my battery was what I'd expect a large CCA battery to go through -- some on here took that to heart and wanted to play internet cop or were feeling lonely about their Walmart shares :).

Never the less, I've been buying NAPA Legends now when I need a battery and have been pleased. Also put an AGM Interstate MegaTron in my 2020 Polaris when the OE battery failed. It has also been great.

Ehh, they were better years ago for sure. I bought the one in question in Feb of 2021 and while I have used it kinda heavily, I am surprised how quickly it ended up being weak. For the record, I used the term "abused" loosely when in fact what I was doing with my battery was what I'd expect a large CCA battery to go through -- some on here took that to heart and wanted to play internet cop or were feeling lonely about their Walmart shares :).

Never the less, I've been buying NAPA Legends now when I need a battery and have been pleased. Also put an AGM Interstate MegaTron in my 2020 Polaris when the OE battery failed. It has also been great.
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the Napa batteries.

Bumping this thread up: had an 24F AGM battery fail on me after about 10 months (01/23 sticker on it). Kinda crazy especially when I never did anything weird to it and had my car on a tender whenever it was in the garage so I never had to jumpstart with it. I just felt it was cranking a little bit slower than normal.

They seemed to be a little worked up about "is this a battery that's already been replaced?" even though it was on the first replacement. So I'm wondering if their warranty policy is now you only get 1 replacement in the warranty period.

They used a handheld Midtronic branded battery tester that seemed to print the same CCA as my Topdon handheld one that was also saying "Replace" so it seems if your handheld unit at home is saying to replace then it'll probably say replace at the walmart counter.

Bumping this thread up: had an 24F AGM battery fail on me after about 10 months (01/23 sticker on it). Kinda crazy especially when I never did anything weird to it and had my car on a tender whenever it was in the garage so I never had to jumpstart with it. I just felt it was cranking a little bit slower than normal.

They seemed to be a little worked up about "is this a battery that's already been replaced?" even though it was on the first replacement. So I'm wondering if their warranty policy is now you only get 1 replacement in the warranty period.

They used a handheld Midtronic branded battery tester that seemed to print the same CCA as my Topdon handheld one that was also saying "Replace" so it seems if your handheld unit at home is saying to replace then it'll probably say replace at the walmart counter.
Makes me wonder if the tender cooked it a little bit, shortening the life?

Makes me wonder if the tender cooked it a little bit, shortening the life?
Always possible. It's a legit tender though: Noco Genius10 that I did put on the AGM setting. Right now it's "full" and holding 13.9V which should be on the money for AGM float voltage.

Back