Walmart battery warranty policy

I always loose the receipt on things with long warranties Now I have a folder on my phone just for pics of the receipts. It has come in handy for Christmas and BDay presents when my daughter calls and says the grand-kids new toy stopped working. I can forward the receipt to her phone and she can take care of the exchange.

I'd have a manager called and tell them to honor their warranty and to expect someone to wait 1-1/2, 3, 4-1/2 hours for them to determine it is ridiculous. Add in that "this battery just left my 16-year old daughter stranded" or something.
I think it’s a perfectly reasonable policy. The place I work at it’s the same. 75% of the batteries are just drained and charge and test good. You expect the company to lose money because you left your lights on?

That said, I always prioritize customer potential warranty charge and tests. Vs some rando bringing a battery to charge. That’s not policy but I do not want people to have to wait 6 hours to see if it’s warranty or not just because some tweaker brought half a dozen stolen batteries to charge lol.

when I bought Everstart Maxx batteries for two cars, the serial number was input into the computer at checkout...I was told should it need replacement Walmart would scan that serial number, know who it was sold to and when and if within the free replacement period and I was the one coming in to get the warranty service it would be replaced...and the warranty would continue where the first one leaves off...

Bill

when I bought Everstart Maxx batteries for two cars, the serial number was input into the computer at checkout...I was told should it need replacement Walmart would scan that serial number, know who it was sold to and when and if within the free replacement period and I was the one coming in to get the warranty service it would be replaced...
My receipt includes the battery's serial number. I don't recall giving them my name or anything though so it seems like anyone could try and do a warranty replacement.

. You expect the company to lose money because you left your lights on?
Sometimes it's better to protect your employees. The customer will blame the counter clowns for a part failure. The customer does not understand that all the counter guy did was sell the part. He did not put some sort of a timer in a battery or whatever part that will go ding and cause a part to fail.

I worked at an auto parts store in the 90's. I've had customers throw parts at me, cuss,threaten me etc.

Got an Everstart Max in my Tahoe from 1/2021. I wanted to swap it out for a fresh one -- I do battery tests every few months and this one is showing weak. FWIW -- this battery has been abused pretty bad.

I don't have the receipt super handy, can they do all that they need from the serial number on the battery tag/sticker?

Also, does the replacement battery pick up where the original one left off as far as warranty date, or does the clock start over again?

Lastly, do they let you swap group sizes or is it original size only? Thanks.
At the time of purchase Walmart cashier should have scanned serial # of the battery. So Walmart has record of the date of purchase. You should be fine without a receipt. I was in a similar situation and Walmart swapped new battery for the old one without a receipt.

Thank you all. I was able to pull my original receipt from Walmart's Receipt lookup tool and it indicates the date I purchased my battery and the serial number. I think with those two pieces, I should be groovy to get the battery swapped out.

I will head there today or tomorrow and get a fresh one. Thanks for your info.

Thank you all. I was able to pull my original receipt from Walmart's Receipt lookup tool and it indicates the date I purchased my battery and the serial number. I think with those two pieces, I should be groovy to get the battery swapped out.

I will head there today or tomorrow and get a fresh one. Thanks for your info.
Redhat!! Thank you very very much!! I let my newest walmart battery receipt age so much I could barely read it! Tried scanning it and messing with the contrast/brightness, no it was faded too much!! The local walmart told me they can't reprint anything older than 90 days.. ya right! Using that tool you mentioned, I now have a pdf copy of my walmart battery receipt! Thanks very much! Made my day! (y)😃

Last edited:
Redhat!! Thank you very very much!! I let my newest walmart battery receipt age so much I could barely read it! Tried scanning it and messing with the contrast/brightness, no it was faded too much!! The local walmart told me they can't reprint anything older than 90 days.. ya right! Using that tool you mentioned, I now have a pdf copy of my walmart battery receipt! Thanks very much! Made my day! (y)😃
Awesome, glad to hear you were able to pull it up. Glad this helped you researcher.

I think the receipts are easy to loose or let fade. Lets face it, battery goes belly up on us at the most inconvenient times... so we get a new one, swap it out and then go back to the craziness of life and that little receipt goes into the "yeah I gotta do that" pile. Next thing you know 2-3 years go by and you completely forgot about it.

Just get in the habit of making a digital copy of the receipt in the first place. For everything! Digital storage is dirt cheap these days, I could document everything I've bought in my lifetime for less flash memory cost, than the cost of a single lunch.

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to pull it up. Glad this helped you researcher.

I think the receipts are easy to loose or let fade. Lets face it, battery goes belly up on us at the most inconvenient times... so we get a new one, swap it out and then go back to the craziness of life and that little receipt goes into the "yeah I gotta do that" pile. Next thing you know 2-3 years go by and you completely forgot about it.
exactly what happened! Funny part is I only got the receipt this past September 22, I wondered if the printer was running out of ink since it was faded so quickly. I usually like to scan them but yup life happens! I can't begin to say how thankful I am for this forum, has helped me more than I can count! Best forum out there!

Hey let us know how it goes with the replacement battery... I bet you will, just saying..

My receipt includes the battery's serial number. I don't recall giving them my name or anything though so it seems like anyone could try and do a warranty replacement.
all I meant by knowing who it was sold to is there would be information from the purchaser if they used a credit card as I did...if someone paid cash perhaps they wouldn't know...I do know that the battery's serial number was recorded when I made my purchases...

Bill

Just get in the habit of making a digital copy of the receipt in the first place. For everything! Digital storage is dirt cheap these days, I could document everything I've bought in my lifetime for less flash memory cost, than the cost of a single lunch.
I normally do that and save PDFs of everything on my file server, but this one slipped through the cracks.

all I meant by knowing who it was sold to is there would be information from the purchaser if they used a credit card as I did...if someone paid cash perhaps they wouldn't know...I do know that the battery's serial number was recorded when I made my purchases...

Bill

I've made purchases 3 different ways.

1) At Automotive counter, detailed full letter sized page receipt plus basic ~3" wide register receipt, including date, serial # and customer name.

2) After hours at same store, basic front register isles' little ~3" wide receipt with date, serial #, last 4 digits of credit card, but no name on receipt.

3) Online order, online receipt. There is date, an order #, last 4 digits of credit card, but there is no battery serial # or name. Can they look up purchaser from order #? Probably, if all their ducks are in a row. Will they really be able to? Will there be a serial #? I wouldn't count on it, everything is half broken on their online ordering and tracking processes. It may take a couple tries and a call to the 1-800-walmart cust. svc line.

Last edited:
Got an Everstart Max in my Tahoe from 1/2021. I wanted to swap it out for a fresh one -- I do battery tests every few months and this one is showing weak. FWIW -- this battery has been abused pretty bad.

I don't have the receipt super handy, can they do all that they need from the serial number on the battery tag/sticker?

Also, does the replacement battery pick up where the original one left off as far as warranty date, or does the clock start over again?

Lastly, do they let you swap group sizes or is it original size only? Thanks.
So you want a fresh one because as you say this battery has been abused pretty bad..... Why should Wal Mart give you a new battery for that...Seems like you are abusing the original warranty on the battery and trying to rip off Wal Mart....IMO

So you want a fresh one because as you say this battery has been abused pretty bad..... Why should Wal Mart give you a new battery for that...Seems like you are abusing the original warranty on the battery and trying to rip off Wal Mart....IMO
LOL. Did you walmart stock drop that bad?

Yes I do, and I have already swapped it out. I will do it again, and again.

Abused pretty bad as in, battery has been in 2-3 different vehicles, alternator went out once had to drive it home, jump started many different vehicles, battery ran testing different equipment, etc.

LOL. Did you walmart stock drop that bad?

Yes I do, and I have already swapped it out. I will do it again, and again.

Abused pretty bad as in, battery has been in 2-3 different vehicles, alternator went out once had to drive it home, jump started many different vehicles, battery ran testing different equipment, etc.
I am sure you are very proud of yourself....:(

Back