Wal-Mart Super-Tech 15W-40 - Spotted SL/CI-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
prolly Pennzoil/Shell US made. who knows which formulation it really is however w.out at least a VOA and really a spectrograph analysis. id say its either Rotella T or, Pennzoil LL 15w-40 that wally world got rid of here in the greater atlanta metro area.
offtopic.gif
now that it looks like my 2 mos old VW GOlf 1.8T (VW pre-cert. w/ 33K miles) will be bought back and ill prolly be getting a Golf TDi, i may just go scouring all the metro wally-worlds close to me and get the jugs of Rotella-T syn thats left!

quote:

Originally posted by richard612:
Just popped up the other day...

...It's not gonna compete with Delo, Delvac, and Long-Life, but if it meets SL/CI-4, then it's gotta be a pretty good oil, as the CI-4 spec was much improved over previous versions.

prolly Pennzoil/Shell US made. who knows which formulation it really is however w.out at least a VOA and really a spectrograph analysis. id say its either Rotella T or, Pennzoil LL 15w-40 that wally world got rid of here in the greater atlanta metro area.
now that it looks like my 2 mos old VW GOlf 1.8T (VW pre-cert. w/ 33K miles) will be bought back and ill prolly be getting a Golf TDi, i may just go scouring all the metro wally-worlds close to me and get the jugs of Rotella-T syn thats left!

Has Wally World decided to stop carrying the Rotella Synthetic? That wouldn't be good. I use that in almost everything now.

The last remaining Specialty Petroleum (QS) oils in Wal-Mart's safety data sheets appears to be their SJ rated 15w40. All the rest of the oils appear to have been shifted to Warren Distribution out of Omaha. I would assume that the new 15w40 if it is SL and not SJ might be blended by them as well. I think the old Specialty Petroleum Shreveport plant is in a shut down phase. Of course ST is simply a brand name, so Wal-Mart might shift production at any point.

This was just made clear when someone posted Wal-Marts safety sheets which match up exactly with Warren's Mag1 product. Not sure how much diesel oil they blend, though.

Note on Walmart: If they can't get the class reduced on the latest lawsuit against them (1.5 million in class) and they lose the suit, you prolly won't be able to buy ANYTHING at their facilities. They be closed.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by kondor:
Note on Walmart: If they can't get the class reduced on the latest lawsuit against them (1.5 million in class) and they lose the suit, you prolly won't be able to buy ANYTHING at their facilities. They be closed.
patriot.gif

If Wal-Mart loses 1.5 million, they won't close...that's chump change to them...

The 1.5 million refers to the number of people in the class in the class action lawsuit - not 1.5 million Dollars. If Wal-Mart loses this one, it will be for likely much, much more than 1.5 million.

quote:

Originally posted by MNgopher:
The 1.5 million refers to the number of people in the class in the class action lawsuit - not 1.5 million Dollars. If Wal-Mart loses this one, it will be for likely much, much more than 1.5 million.

Ooops...my mistake
grin.gif

Do you have any information on this lawsuit...what's it about?

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:

quote:

Originally posted by MNgopher:

Ooops...my mistake
grin.gif

Do you have any information on this lawsuit...what's it about?

The suit is on behalf of the women they have not promoted to management/supervisory positions. They are the largest employer, after the Govmint, so we are talkin lotsa people. My gut feeling is that they'll need a friendly(read crooked) judge to to make this bullet disappear. The family, according to Skolnick, have considerable clout in Chicago Fed court but I don't know where this one was filed.

Old Sam made his billions off parttimers (no benefits) but the chickens may be coming home to roost.

Got a bit off post here. Sorry

[ October 06, 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: kondor ]

I just bought 11 qts for my '89 F250, 7.3L IDI.
was $1.17 per quart, and the gallon jugs were $4 something. Funny thing was, the quart bottles had CI-4 listed on them, the gallon jugs only had CH-4. So I bought the quart bottles. Changed the oil this afternoon, truck still runs, so I guess the oil's ok
dunno.gif

I plan on putting 3k miles on this oil, then drop some $$ on either amsoil or schaeffer oil or delvac1 if I can find it; want to run a synthetic over this winter. When that time comes, I may do an oil analysis. Not so much so see how well the oil did, but to get an idea on the condition of the engine. I've never did oil analysis on it before, and the oil is always very black/nasty/sooty. Truck has 136k miles.

[ October 18, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: 1 FMF ]

Don't pay for the SuperTech oil in the first place, and just buy a really good 15w-40 from the start...Delo, Delvac, or Long-Life.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:
Don't pay for the SuperTech oil in the first place, and just buy a really good 15w-40 from the start...Delo, Delvac, or Long-Life.
grin.gif

I noticed that at the local Wal-Mart here, Chevron Delo 15W-40 is in a gallon jug for only $4.87. I'd say for that price---you go for this one.
BTW-this is my choice in the heat of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back