Wal-Mart out of SuperTech filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to my local Wal-Mart and try to find a SuperTech ST8A or ST3980, you'll notice they are out. I bought them all up today! Since the SuperTech shelf keeps shrinking, I'm a little concerned that Wal-Mart may be phasing out their own line of filters in favor of Fram POS filters. (POS=Piece Of S**t.) Just in case that turns out to be what happens, I've got enough SuperTech filters for both my vehicles to last me a couple of years at least.
grin.gif

Hey XHVI.......I have another ST8A for sale if you want it......I checked them out and don't like the inlet (restrictive compared to the Motorcraft FL-1A) plus the relief valve (if there is one).
Bought a Motorcraft FL-1A again for the 5.0HO.
Ford small blocks are very sensitive to oil pressure or better lack thereof( only one main oil galley) and won't live with the kind of pressures a Chevy SB can run 200,000 mls. on (three main oil galleys).
I can't see a relief valve on the ST filter and if there is one, it's at the end. We have often seen here on the board that the Ford specifications filter have the relief valve at the back plate and the aftermarket on the bottom of the can (not good)..........anyway ou Wally Mart still has tons of Super-Tech filters and I don't think they will be getting out of that line anytime soon......
cheers.gif

[ December 13, 2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back