Wal-Mart fined for off-grade SuperTech Gear Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rolf
Ashland mentions "5W-30".

There are three Mobil 1 5W-30 formulas sold in the US.

The plain jane Mobil 1 5w-30. Not SUV or EP. I'm sure Valvoline would have been indicated SUV or EP if they were referring to a different formula.

Originally Posted By: Bobert
Ashland mentions "5W-30".

There are three Mobil 1 5W-30 formulas sold in the US.

The plain jane Mobil 1 5w-30. Not SUV or EP. I'm sure Valvoline would have been indicated SUV or EP if they were referring to a different formula.

He knows that too, hes just spinning words, and putting up smoke screens.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
This needs to be made a sticky so he can quit typing it over and over.

Ditto. Just cut and paste "I hate ExxonMobil" and be done with it.

Fact: noun

Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere, 15th century

1: a thing done

2: the quality of being actual : actuality

3: a: something that has actual existence b: an actual occurrence

Your bad attitude towards ExxonMobil is not a fact supporting the conclusion that Ashland speaks with a straight tongue.

Here's the kind of things that might constitute facts:

a lab name and address

dates of testing

some information on what was tested - which of the Mobil 1 5W-30 formulas

how many samples were tested

While I appreciate you know who you like to hate, some of us would like a bit more in the way of facts.

He knows that too, hes just spinning words, and putting up smoke screens.

Please provide the following:

The citation to anything Ashland has provided that says "plain Mobil 1".

Anything you've posted to this point saying that.

I know that you "know" all the answers on this Ashland allegation, but why not show us all what a smart fellow you are and demonstrate it to us in one or more factual posts?

Quote:
a lab name and address

dates of testing

While I appreciate you know who you like to hate, some of us would like a bit more in the way of facts.

That information was most likely submitted to XOM, which was when they removed the response to Valvoline's claim from their website.

The plain jane Mobil 1 5w-30. Not SUV or EP.

Ashland seems to have left out any indication whatsoever as to whether it was SUV, "plain jane", EP, or anything else.

Do you think this might have something to do with an attempt to paint Mobil 1 with a broad brush to increase Valvoline sales, or do you believe that the men of Valvoline are all tonsured monks, living under a vow of poverty, who have taken this tact only to ensure the common good of buyers of motor oil everywhere?

I tear up just thinking about it.

This needs to be made a sticky so he can quit typing it over and over.

Ditto. Just cut and paste "I hate ExxonMobil" and be done with it.

Fact: noun

Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere, 15th century

1: a thing done

2: the quality of being actual : actuality

3: a: something that has actual existence b: an actual occurrence

Your bad attitude towards ExxonMobil is not a fact supporting the conclusion that Ashland speaks with a straight tongue.

Here's the kind of things that might constitute facts:

a lab name and address

dates of testing

Actually "Bubba" I don't hate any thing and if I did oil would be the last thing on my list. I am just playing with you. You are too easy you know. Now I am going to bed. And yes I will sleep well.

Later

Originally Posted By: buster
That information was most likely submitted to XOM, which was when they removed the response to Valvoline's claim from their website.

"Most likely"?

"Most likely"?

And *that's* your response?

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

Actually "Bubba" ....

That's "Mr Bubba" to you, Ace.

I don't hate any thing .....

But facts.

35.gif
And it was just getting good... I hate these endings...

The plain jane Mobil 1 5w-30. Not SUV or EP.

Ashland seems to have left out any indication whatsoever as to whether it was SUV, "plain jane", EP, or anything else.

Do you think this might have something to do with an attempt to paint Mobil 1 with a broad brush to increase Valvoline sales, or do you believe that the men of Valvoline are all tonsured monks, living under a vow of poverty, who have taken this tact only to ensure the common good of buyers of motor oil everywhere?

I tear up just thinking about it.

Actually, they do claim the oil and it's Mobil 1 5w30. There is only ONE Mobil 1 5w30. If it were Mobil 1 5w30 SUV oil or Mobil 1 5w30 EP then they would have said it.
LOL.gif

Why do you need to know the date and name of the lab? What does that prove?

It's pretty simple actually, they want more market share. They know like many other companies that the synthetic oil market is growing.

And yes I will sleep well.

Of course.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is curable, while stupidity last a life time.

And you don't really want to make this personal.

Last edited:

"Most likely"?

"Most likely"?

And *that's* your response?

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

Quote:
Smith said ExxonMobil hasn’t contested Valvoline’s claims with any outside group. “They’ve questioned our claim about four times better wear protection when we first came out with it,” he said. “We have since provided them with the data to show there are some concerns over how their product performs. We did that in September, and as of yet we’ve not heard back from them.”
“Because ExxonMobil has challenged our claim, both directly with Valvoline and with many our customers, we feel compelled to reassure interested parties that our claim is fully substantiated,” Smith said in the letter, which included an attached Q&A to provide additional information and data. He said Valvoline’s premium conventional motor oil, DuraBlend synthetic blend, MaxLife and SynPower brands all meet or exceed the SM and GF-4 specifications. SynPower, he claimed, substantially exceeds the Sequence IVA wear test requirements.

..... SynPower, he claimed, substantially exceeds the Sequence IVA wear test requirements.

How does repeating the same unsubstantiated allegation enhance it?

No lab, no date, no number of samples, no indication of which formula, nothing.

Well here is the ad on the Valvoline site. Looks like the plain jane Mobil 1 5w-30 bottle. Doesn't look like EP or SUV.
whistle.gif

Here is the original link for the non-believers.

valvoM1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
That quate is more credible than anything Exxon Mobil has responded with.

To you.

Because you believe.

On faith.

Oh well, there's nothing wrong with faith.

All the folks in the Flat Earth Society have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back