W8 VW passat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just seen this car in town here. Where the badge for the V6 is usually it had a W8. is it really a W8 and does anyone know anything about them

It's a sweet motor, that's what it is! Are you familiar with the VR6? The VR6 is a narrow angle (15 degrees) six-cylinder, think of a V6 with a single head. The W8 is similar, two narrow angle four-cylinder motors in a V configuration. Here is a fun video:

W8 Animation

I'm sure you can google for "W8 engine" for more information.

robert

thats kinda what i thought i did some research, great idea. great engineering as i am Bugatti fan as well and the motor in that is a true engineering feet. But i figured this was a problem child from VW so before i went looking for one i thought i would ask around here as there are many inteligent and straight forward people here

Personally, I would love a Phaeton W12! They may even be affordable now, used...

robert

The W8 passat is an overweight pig. The 1.8T is far more entertaining and better matched engine weight to the chassis. I had the opportunity of driving the car and was sorely disappointed as an odd dealer loaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back