VW T-ROC R

I spoke to a friend yesterday, he bought a 2023 T-ROC R 4 motion in the same color as the one in the picture, this little beast has 300 HP and a 7 spd double clutch gearbox. Like other cool kids toys it is not coming to the US. These are also available with smaller gas and diesel engines. He said it drives very similar to his 2015 Scirocco R.

VW T-Roc R.jpg

Why though?

You want an 'R you want a drivers car. Buy a Golf R. Why compromise on handling by driving a jacked-up version?

I hate this current trend of SUV's.
People like them because of the ease of egress/ingress and the additional visibility and storage.

BMW used to sell a lot of M X5/X6 in the US while the M5 languished on dealer lots. Very few of these vehicles are driven at the limit in the US anyways because it's more about box checking than performance anyways.

I spoke to a friend yesterday, he bought a 2023 T-ROC R 4 motion in the same color as the one in the picture, this little beast has 300 HP and a 7 spd double clutch gearbox. Like other cool kids toys it is not coming to the US. These are also available with smaller gas and diesel engines. He said it drives very similar to his 2015 Scirocco R.

View attachment 147417
Another one is 2.0 Liter 200+ HP VW Polo GTI which I'd have bought in a heart beat if it was available here.

The 22 plus Arteon picked up 40? Horses and the DSG. Sub 5 second 0 to 60 with 4Motion .👍

Enough to keep you entertained, time for a trade! 😛
My local dealer charges the same price for the trans service on both units when I asked them..yeah it needed that 40 HP.

I got such a phenomenal deal on mine the same is now $13k more....prices cranked up..
I get econo box mpg...so me happy. How is the Jetta doing..

We are doing well thanks. I recently got itchy and drove a few looking to trade. All cost way more than the Jetta, and all but one (a Lincoln) left me quite underwhelmed.

It was good for me, it reminded me just how much I like my VWs.

View attachment 147417
I sold vehicles at a VW dealership years ago right around the dieselgate snafu. We had corporate employees come in. I repeatedly told them tweak the Amarok for the USA market, build it in Tennessee and you will print money. VW corporate doesn't seem to have the drive or interest in the US market that they once did. They dropped awd from the passat gave us the larger and less sporty version that Europe got etc.

I sold vehicles at a VW dealership years ago right around the dieselgate snafu. We had corporate employees come in. I repeatedly told them tweak the Amarok for the USA market, build it in Tennessee and you will print money. VW corporate doesn't seem to have the drive or interest in the US market that they once did. They dropped awd from the passat gave us the larger and less sporty version that Europe got etc.
You would think, if there was a market where the Amarok would sell well it would be America. Plenty of petrol engine choices in the Audi parts bin that would keep buyers happy.

You would think, if there was a market where the Amarok would sell well it would be America. Plenty of petrol engine choices in the Audi parts bin that would keep buyers happy.
You would be amazed at how many VW customers wrote to VW and asked myself and employees to sell the Amarok. Many said they'd put a deposit down. Truly mind boggling

Vehicle manufacturers are a strange bunch. Toyota made a Diesel dually Tundra and showed it off at one of the big car shows a number of years back. Toyota owners said they'd put down a deposit. Toyota executives said it wasn't in the cards to be put into production. Again....

Why though?

You want an 'R you want a drivers car. Buy a Golf R. Why compromise on handling by driving a jacked-up version?

I hate this current trend of SUV's.
Same. Really thinking of buying a new Golf R before they go away. I look forward to the electric one too, but knowing the ID.4 and VW's current approach, I'm sure they'll screw this up.

Back