VW Oil Help, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does TAN really matter if I'm changing oil every 3k? I'm not looking to go EDI's on the 504 oil. 3-5k Max. Most likely will do 3k then test then 5k and test. I won't go more than 5k on any oil with this car.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: edyvw
When was the last time Infiniti EVER introduced something on auto market as their invention?

How about steer-by-wire in the Q50?

Quote:

I am def. not impresed with cars that need huge pipes in the back to produce some sound etc.
Some top of the line BMWs and VWs now use the car's audio system to generate engine/exhaust sound in the cabin, which is even more pathetic, IMO.

Thanks QP...Bob Dylan was right...the times they are a changing. It is great to drive my Infiniti by the Audi dealership where my A6 used to sit SO OFTEN. Let's see: how many turbo oil line leaks did I have and then there was the time the secondary water pump dumped most of the coolant in the engine...and how about....If I buy a TDI I might have fuel pump issues...or a GTI and have almost certain intake valve deposits at 50K unless I run at high RPMs ever so often. And I may have to get my very specifically spec'd oil from the dealer or Fowler VW in Oklahoma. I did not want to go here but when the gauntlet is thrown down...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Does TAN really matter if I'm changing oil every 3k?

At such short interval, neither TBN nor TAN will matter.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
When was the last time Infiniti EVER introduced something on auto market as their invention?

Quote:

I am def. not impresed with cars that need huge pipes in the back to produce some sound etc.
Some top of the line BMWs and VWs now use the car's audio system to generate engine/exhaust sound in the cabin, which is even more pathetic, IMO.

Thanks QP...Bob Dylan was right...the times they are a changing. It is great to drive my Infiniti by the Audi dealership where my A6 used to sit SO OFTEN. Let's see: how many turbo oil line leaks did I have and then there was the time the secondary water pump dumped most of the coolant in the engine...and how about....If I buy a TDI I might have fuel pump issues...or a GTI and have almost certain intake valve deposits at 50K unless I run at high RPMs ever so often. And I may have to get my very specifically spec'd oil from the dealer or Fowler VW in Oklahoma. I did not want to go here but when the gauntlet is thrown down...

Well i agree about that. But hten there is a reason Toyota Camry is bestseller in this country for such a long time.
It s just culture. Some appreciate driving from Point A to Point B, some more then that.
And after so many tests by SAAB and drive by wire technology, finally someone did something about that lol.
When it comes to sound, there is a reason why sound is projected to inside through speakers, but does not have to do anything with induction noise that bimmer are still making perfectly fine.

Quote:

Well this is my 1st Germann made vehicle and I will be the judge of this car. This far I like it.

The thing is most Japanese makes pride themselves on "our car was tuned at the nurburgring ring" and "handles as good as a BMW" that fact remains without argument that the Germans have the best handling vehicles period! Every manufacturer tries to mimic their driving dynamics.

So yes they are "quirky" yes they have some over engineered stuff but they set the trend that the Americans and Asians always copy. You can't argue that. Its fact.

Jeff

You all will just have to trust me I had no intention of dissing German automobiles but a couple of threads had me wound up. First, there is Falken in the GTX thread going after Castrol with no evidence to support his position and then edyvw goes after Infiniti after I had a horrible experience with the A6 and a pleasurable one with the FX-35. I wanted to give a little proof of my viewpoint after hearing disrespect without proof. I stand by my post and I stand by my comment that more than a few of you will find the times they are a changin'.

I have no vested interest or particular loyalty to any product but I am absolutely OCD when it comes to fairness and when i hear mindless accusations. A point I hope some will find instructive: I used to hold shares of VW, BMW and Porsche.

Last edited:
You all will just have to trust me I had no intention of dissing German automobiles but a couple of threads had me wound up. First, there is Falken in the GTX thread going after Castrol with no evidence to support his position and then edyvw goes after Infiniti after I had a horrible experience with the A6 and a pleasurable one with the FX-35. I wanted to give a little proof of my viewpoint after hearing disrespect without proof. I stand by my post and I stand by my comment that more than a few of you will find the times they are a changin'.

I have no vested interest or particular loyalty to any product but I am absolutely OCD when it comes to fairness and when i hear mindless accusations. A point I hope some will find instructive: I used to hold shares of VW, BMW and Porsche.

No worries bud
smile.gif
thats the thing about cars, we are passionate about our cars and that is a beautiful thing no matter what you drive
smile.gif

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX

No worries bud
smile.gif
thats the thing about cars, we are passionate about our cars and that is a beautiful thing no matter what you drive
smile.gif

Jeff

cheers3.gif

I owned Japanese cars before, had some issues, issues I never had with German cars, still think those cars were very good.
Had for some time A6 2.7T and YES, I saw dealership, to do allingnment.
The fact that you had bad luck does not mean all German cars are bad, and all Infinitis are good.
That is why I reacted in this way: you get Nissan Altima for $48k.
Infiniti has its own charm, [censored], I even considered to buy one, but just because you had bad luck with one car, does not mean they are bad.

I owned Japanese cars before, had some issues, issues I never had with German cars, still think those cars were very good.
Had for some time A6 2.7T and YES, I saw dealership, to do allingnment.
The fact that you had bad luck does not mean all German cars are bad, and all Infinitis are good.
That is why I reacted in this way: you get Nissan Altima for $48k.
Infiniti has its own charm, [censored], I even considered to buy one, but just because you had bad luck with one car, does not mean they are bad.

You are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back