VW 8 speed transmission fluid change

Is it just me or does the video not show anything but the level check?

That's true, but as i understand if you are only replacing the fluid the only difference is that you pull the stand tube out before filling...

I could be wrong though.

So according to Blauparts their current understanding is that it follows this procedure except that:

1. Fluid capacity may differ
  2. There is no easily serviced filter.

I guess i'll report back how it goes... and hope 6 LTS is enough...
When I changed the fluid in our Cayenne's 8spd a total of 6qts came from draining and dropping the pan, and replacing the filter. It's the same Aisin 8spd that's in the VW Touareg.

Is it just me or does the video not show anything but the level check?
Since you can't physically see the level, you wait until it stops dripping, once it stops dripping, the level is set. This is why the body has to be level, preferably on a lift, and the fluid temperature is within specified range

I wouldn’t go with ECS.
I have ordered lots of things from them over the years I owned VW's... occasionally if I order a lot of nuts and bolts, they might forget one or 2 of them from the order, which a phonecall or email, then they send the missing parts out.

When I changed the fluid in our Cayenne's 8spd a total of 6qts came from draining and dropping the pan, and replacing the filter. It's the same Aisin 8spd that's in the VW Touareg.

This is a FWD transmission im assuming its a completely different deal than the Cayanne, Q7, Touareg, Ram but i could be wrong...

I have ordered lots of things from them over the years I owned VW's... occasionally if I order a lot of nuts and bolts, they might forget one or 2 of them from the order, which a phonecall or email, then they send the missing parts out.

My main beef with ECS is they charge more then the dealer at least for me ... Ive been using mostly Jim Ellis Parts and Blauparts.

ECS gets 9.50 ish for a bottle of VW OE oil you can walk in and buy at the VW parts counter for 7.50 ish.

Yeah, but they shouldn't miss bolts. I would be so mad if I ordered the parts, set time aside, and I was missing bolts or parts.

Yeah, but they shouldn't miss bolts. I would be so mad if I ordered the parts, set time aside, and I was missing bolts or parts.
I do inventory of what parts I need before I make a repair. So, it technically wasn't a big deal for me.

It's human error. Now, if they told me to pound sand, then of course, I'd be pissed

This is a FWD transmission im assuming its a completely different deal than the Cayanne, Q7, Touareg, Ram but i could be wrong...
I see that now. Never saw what car though, only a transmission code and the various models it covers in the video. Someone mentioned Touareg earlier in the thread and I fixated on that 😅

Complete waste of money to change ATF at 10k miles and every 20k. 💸 💸 💸
I do my ATF spill and fills every 30K. Even though I don’t own or work on anything that needs exotic(ZF Lifeguard/Honda 3.1, Honda 2.0, Mercedes ATF134) fluids, it’s still cheap insurance. All the stuff I touch is Toyota WS/T-IV, Subaru HP or MaxLife if I’m feeling like a hack.

I see that now. Never saw what car though, only a transmission code and the various models it covers in the video. Someone mentioned Touareg earlier in the thread and I fixated on that 😅
VW isn’t using the ZF 9HP in anything AFAIK. They’re using the Aisin 6/8 speed in the MQB cars and the ZF 8HP in MLB I think.

VW isn’t using the ZF 9HP in anything AFAIK. They’re using the Aisin 6/8 speed in the MQB cars and the ZF 8HP in MLB I think.
Going back to look, OP said it was a VW 09S transmission:
1674155039611.png

I didn't mention ZF anywhere?

Back