Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: bigjl

If smog is caused by diesels and diesels alone why is there smog about LA

grow up

Strange answer

Does that mean you don't know the answer to a reasonable question

After all if people are going to say that all the worlds environmental ills, including smog, are caused by diesel passenger cars then it is reasonable to question why a city with a history of smog and very few diesel cars actually has smog

I do know that when London was troubled with smog many years ago it was largely due to the burning of coal in house fires and power stations.

At the time there were very few cars anyway

So perhaps the petulant comments like yours point to the fact there is no basis for blaming diesel cars in Europe for acid rain.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn

If smog is caused by diesels and diesels alone why is there smog about LA

grow up

Strange answer

Does that mean you don't know the answer to a reasonable question

After all if people are going to say that all the worlds environmental ills, including smog, are caused by diesel passenger cars then it is reasonable to question why a city with a history of smog and very few diesel cars actually has smog

I do know that when London was troubled with smog many years ago it was largely due to the burning of coal in house fires and power stations.

At the time there were very few cars anyway

So perhaps the petulant comments like yours point to the fact there is no basis for blaming diesel cars in Europe for acid rain.

Non commercial Diesels have only become common in Europe in the last 30 years.
Acid rain was much in the NEWS in the 70's even when Coal burning was much in decline.
I don't think you can blame Diesel passenger cars alone for Acid rain.

Can it be true, that one was to reduce Parts per million at the tail pipe, might be to burn fewer parts (reduce fuel consumption) in the first place?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back