VOA - New VW OE Oil - GE555401QDSP - 5w40 - Mobile Bottle

Below is VOA of the new VW OE Oil (P/N: GE555401QDSP) 5W40. Also included chart of all other VOA I have done when choosing oil for my 2016 S3. I do not have any Mobile oil VOA so be interested to see how this compares to off the shelf and may run it to see how it goes. [Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com] [Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com] Polaris VOA: [Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com] All VOA done by Polaris [Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Underlaying question was like "could it be Mobil super 3000 with a VW sticker" ? As now apparently Mobil got the contract for VW oil (at least in the US).

Originally Posted by Popsy
Underlaying question was like "could it be Mobil super 3000 with a VW sticker" ? As now apparently Mobil got the contract for VW oil (at least in the US).
Sure looks like it.

High Ca high ZDDP not much else but a splash of boron and almost certainly entirely Grp III. If my dealer is out of Castrol I am about to let them put this in for my 40k service. I had very good results with the Castrol 5w40, if they do put in Mobil I will UOA out of curiosity comparison. I also agree it's almost certainly the new "Mobil Super 5w40", future changes I do myself I would not likely select that.

Hmmm....looked it up again it does meet a bunch of high approvals not just VW 502, I guess I will see how it runs and go from there.

High Ca high ZDDP not much else but a splash of boron and almost certainly entirely Grp III. If my dealer is out of Castrol I am about to let them put this in for my 40k service. I had very good results with the Castrol 5w40, if they do put in Mobil I will UOA out of curiosity comparison. I also agree it's almost certainly the new "Mobil Super 5w40", future changes I do myself I would not likely select that.

Hmmm....looked it up again it does meet a bunch of high approvals not just VW 502, I guess I will see how it runs and go from there.

There's nothing wrong with the oil, it's just not LSPI friendly as SN-plus oils are. You want less calcium for TGDI vehicles. If you run a N/A vehicle, you'll be fine with this.