VIZIO TV Screen Dark Spots

VIZIO 50" Smart TV
I got this TV from my dads house after he went into the nursing home. Today, my son exchanged it for my 47" LG.
We turned it on and the lower half of the screen is darker than the upper half. It's not totally black, but you can definitely see the difference. We tried EVERYTHING to fix it and figured something is wrong with the screen. The TV is less than 3 years old. Anyone have some input?

There are LEDs behind the screen that light it up, it sounds like one of the strips went out. They're pretty easy to swap if you're mechanically inclined.

50" vizio which series D, E, M?

Guessing D, likely some of the backlighting is malfunctioning as mentioned. That's a commodity grade 300$ tv

VIZIO 50" Smart TV
I got this TV from my dads house after he went into the nursing home. Today, my son exchanged it for my 47" LG.
We turned it on and the lower half of the screen is darker than the upper half. It's not totally black, but you can definitely see the difference. We tried EVERYTHING to fix it and figured something is wrong with the screen. The TV is less than 3 years old. Anyone have some input?
Our Vizio does the same thing, but not all the time. Bugs the hell out of me. I won't buy another Vizio.

Had this happen to my 60” VIZIO after about 18 months. Vizio said “sorry we can’t help but we hope you buy another one!” While it was out of warranty and I don’t hold that against them, I vowed to never buy another one. Tore it down and yep, 3 backlight strips had failed. I did find some replacement ones but I elected to just buy a Samsung TV to replace it after reading it was a common failure on that particular model.

Vizio is well known for random QC. Issues.

Their hardware is usually pretty solid, but I'm not a fan of their Smartcast OS. The app store is limited and it can be buggy depending on the model.

Back