Virgin Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spykem4e
...about the TBN and from a VOA, the lab dont do it except if I pay 10$ more because the VOA is free when I send a sample of Used oil for analysis. anyways...
and the rest is the same except TAN that I dont have any news.

Odd. They do TAN which is worthless on VOA... but no TBN

"Well, it looks like your lead is trending down which indicates that the bottle is wrapping up its breakin period. Iron remains low, well-below universal averages..."

lol...I think this Lab has some issues personally. Numbers don't jive at all.

Monday, I went at the lab and said to recheck with what's left of my samples. They are going to give me the new result today or monday with the result of my used oil at a little bit more than 10k miles.

I said that the result from an Virgin Oil Analysis cant be that bad. I also sent the VO at another lab in Ontario and I'll check the results.

Originally Posted By: tig1
This may be a hoax.

i'm sorry but its not.

I took it directly from what was left of the 5liters left in my trunk.

In about 2000 kms, I'll do my oil change and send the UOA sample at the lab.

For the TBN, I already sent an email to know why I dont have it. They will send it to me ASAP.

I'm kinda disappointed about the result either.

Could it be all the Mobil 1 5w30 in wal-mart that is like that? I mean, 1 ppm of everything in VOA, I saw it a lot in here but 12 in Pb?

For the rest, I dont know.

Could it be because it is whats left from a 5liters since last october? I was never in any engine though.

SO i think that was the problem it is not a true vergin sample, it was sitting in the trunk where atmosphere can contaminate the oil, especiall in the trunk, even though it is closed it really is not sealed, anything in the atmosphere moisture, dust anything can contaminate the oil. hope this helps

Originally Posted By: Petrou
Originally Posted By: tig1
This may be a hoax.

i'm sorry but its not.

I took it directly from what was left of the 5liters left in my trunk.

In about 2000 kms, I'll do my oil change and send the UOA sample at the lab.

For the TBN, I already sent an email to know why I dont have it. They will send it to me ASAP.

I'm kinda disappointed about the result either.

Could it be all the Mobil 1 5w30 in wal-mart that is like that? I mean, 1 ppm of everything in VOA, I saw it a lot in here but 12 in Pb?

For the rest, I dont know.

Could it be because it is whats left from a 5liters since last october? I was never in any engine though.

SO i think that was the problem it is not a true vergin sample, it was sitting in the trunk where atmosphere can contaminate the oil, especiall in the trunk, even though it is closed it really is not sealed, anything in the atmosphere moisture, dust anything can contaminate the oil. hope this helps

Only if it was an open container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back