Video shows driverless car speed away from cops during traffic stop

stupid-jonah.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Like any other car, turn on the flashing blue lights. It would be programmed to pull over to let a police car pass. Once the car pulls over, cops turn off the lights on the front of their car so they won't get blinded walking up to it. So then the driverless car would think it is free to go.

The Cruise vehicle then speeds away through an intersection, eliciting screams and laughter from bystanders. The vehicle comes to a stop on the next block.

We can all watch the video. It idled away, through the intersection, immediately stopped when clear of cross-traffic, and turned on it's hazard lamps.

I must have missed the part where it "sped away" and stopped "on the next block". Then again, New York Post isn't a paragon of quality journalism.

Mind you, this is after the traffic stop was initiated, the cruised turned off their lights, an officer attempted entry into the vehicle, the cruiser turned their lights back on, and the officer left the area of the vehicle.

I mean, most actual drivers can't figure out to move to the right when flashers are in their rear view. I'd give the AV a solid B+ in handling this situation.

Am I being detained, or am I free to go? Police didn't answer so the the car made up it's own mind.:D

Last edited:
Back