Footage Shows Driverless Cars Clogging San Francisco

A couple of negative articles about how autonomous vehicles are affecting San Francisco traffic.

My wife visited my daughter in Phoenix about a month ago. They used a driver-less service and they got to their destination. Total cost was $5.20. My wife filmed the arrival of the car, the ride itself, and also the car (a modified electric Jaguar) driving away after the fare was over. No problems. (Except, big brother was watching. A voice over the car speaker told both passengers to put on their seat belts because one of them wasn't :sneaky: )
A week later my daughter used the service by herself. She got a block away from her destination and it seems that the human drivers are learning that the driver-less cars will always yield to the human driver cars and that caused the driver-less car to be stuck in traffic and couldn't move. While in the car, my daughter called headquarters, told them the situation and they told her to get out and walk the remaining distance, which she did. Luckily, it was only a block away.
How long will it be before driver-less freight-hauling semi trucks are surrounded by 3-4 vehicles who deliberately slow down, make the semi stop, break the padlock and ransack the freight?

JohnnyCab-Total-Recall.jpeg

Back