Video games with the hardest or most difficult gameplay

Kerbal Space Program.

Need an understanding of aerodynamics and orbital mechanics to succeed.

You’re the designer, builder and pilot.

Not easy.

I'll be honest, Microsoft Flight Simulator was always too complicated for me. I can own that.

My other friend was obsessed with it. Joystick hooked to Sound Blaster 16 joystick port and all.. may have been Sound Blaster 32 by then...

The hardest shooter I've played is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Also modern PC.
I really wanted to love STALKER. I loved the setting and story. But man, what a drag to play. The mechanics of it are terrible, even with multiple official (and unofficial) patches for it. It just isn't any fun, and games are supposed to be exactly that.

I'll add the last level of Ace Combat 4 on the PS2. I got that far in the game, one I really enjoyed, then got to the last level and hit a wall. I never finished it.

91eDq3G3XlL._SL1500_.jpg

Marble Madness. The code for the prototype of Marble Madness II was recently found and rebuilt. It was originally designed to be used with a trackball, like the old bowling and golf arcades. MM2 did not do well in game trials and the prototype is supposed to be hard on a regular console due to the trackball input design. It was hard enough with an NES controller in the original game!

Back