Very Quick detail of the Mazda6 (ONR/DP wax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iphone pics:

This is just an ONR wash, some added scrubbing to get rid of the bugs/tar on bumper (Auto finesse Oblitarate mainly), and then a very quick waxing using DP paste wax which was kindly sent to me by The Critic ...THANK YOU!

my 'prep' wasn't all that good, didn't have time to clay using the NanoSkin sponge, but the car's paint was relatively clean to begin with...the ONR and the DP wax really made it clean and shiny though...

Saw some great beading last night, but didn't take a pic
frown.gif

Last edited:
Thanks!
I have no idea how it is better - I haven't used it yet.

but even the pro detailers that charge $1000 for a detail job are converting to nano sponge instead of clay from what I read and it's reusable. So there must be something better about it than a grout sponge
smile.gif

Last edited:
Grout sponge and nano skin sponge are two totally different things for two totally different purposes. Grout sponge is the wash media, nano skin is a replacement for clay.

Personally, I dont care for the grout sponge to wash. Just doesn't feel right to me..

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Grout sponge and nano skin sponge are two totally different things for two totally different purposes. Grout sponge is the wash media, nano skin is a replacement for clay.

Personally, I dont care for the grout sponge to wash. Just doesn't feel right to me..

+1 to both things you said. I used Dawn for the soap for the first time since I was waxing afterwards. Boy, did the Dawn cut right through all the gunk. That was impressive especially since a fair amount of tar existed. I thought I'd have to throw the sponge out afterwards but it still look like new when I was finished.

Glad to see that it turned out well. The DP Max Wax delivers a shine that is simply unreal. Durability is decent for carnauba as well....probably 6 weeks.

Looks good. The new 6 is the best looking car in its segment. Too bad the Lemmings will continue to buy the Camcord over this great sedan.

IMHO Mazda is the Japanese BMW..... without BMWs' madness! I just bought a Mazdaspeed 3 and it is a joy to drive. It also has a dip stick and spare tire. I hope Mazda can continue to be a success as a small company as, if left alone ( ie no parent company) they will produce some wonderful drivers cars.

+1 ^
We have a Mazda and a BMW in our household and I fully agree - and from the time I spent in europe (close to 10 yrs), I know how much they prefer Mazdas over the other A to B Japanese makes...
The new 6 keeps winning pretty much every comparo test since it came out
smile.gif

and thanks for all the other kind comments, too..
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back