Vehicle Sighting-Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution

Noticed in a driveway at the other end of the neighborhood. Seen it 2-3 times out of their garage, so it must be their new toy. They moved in relatively recently and I've seen him in a Bentayga, so now I know he's a car guy and will make it a point to meet them.

Interesting vehicle, RHD, the styling isn't quite my taste, but I could have some fun with this.

Pic from 'web of similar vehicle;
Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I.jpg

Didn't know you could register a RHD vehicle here (except for a postal vehicle).

NOTE: I was surprised when a postal employee mentioned Subaru ceased importing RHD cars.
That was 10-12 years ago and I have no idea how accurate the postman's info was/is.
It made me think Subaru didn't sell too many of them as they already make RHD vehicles.

Didn't know you could register a RHD vehicle here (except for a postal vehicle).

NOTE: I was surprised when a postal employee mentioned Subaru ceased importing RHD cars.
That was 10-12 years ago and I have no idea how accurate the postman's info was/is.
It made me think Subaru didn't sell too many of them as they already make RHD vehicles.
Yes, you can import and register RHD cars, or almost any vehicle as long as they are 25+ years old and in original, non-modified, condition. As Far as new RHD cars, that is a good question.....I'd guess non Post Office folks must be able to, but I've never run across any specific language Federal or State...

A Pajero Evo, everything you could want for some fun in the desert. I have the longer version with a little more than half the power, and it's fun on smooth dirt roads. This one is better in every way possible

Yes, you can import and register RHD cars, or almost any vehicle as long as they are 25+ years old and in original, non-modified, condition. As Far as new RHD cars, that is a good question.....I'd guess non Post Office folks must be able to, but I've never run across any specific language Federal or State...
Whats even weirder is a couple of years back one of the local jeep dealerships had not one but four right-hand drive Jeep wranglers on the lot for sale. A guy came in and purchased one. He was from a Pacific island (Bahamas Barbados)that was right-hand drive.

Noticed in a driveway at the other end of the neighborhood. Seen it 2-3 times out of their garage, so it must be their new toy. They moved in relatively recently and I've seen him in a Bentayga, so now I know he's a car guy and will make it a point to meet them.

Interesting vehicle, RHD, the styling isn't quite my taste, but I could have some fun with this.

Pic from 'web of similar vehicle;
View attachment 162553
2692 were made to be homolgated for the Dakar Rally T2 class.

The pajero is quite the off-road car, I'm pretty sure it won numerous dakar rallies. Jeep teams have never won. Pajero is probably one of the greatest off-road vehicles made.

The pajero is quite the off-road car, I'm pretty sure it won numerous dakar rallies. Jeep teams have never won. Pajero is probably one of the greatest off-road vehicles made.

I still remember when they went from the traditional body on frame assembly to their new RISE chassis. A lot of people were saying that they had ruined it as a rally competitor. They continued to win despite all the negativity.

Do they still make them? Mitsubishi seems to have disappeared from the US market.
They quit selling the Pajero in the US in 2006. It was called the Montero here. I think they discontinued the Pajero worldwide in 2021

They quit selling the Pajero in the US in 2006. It was called the Montero here. I think they discontinued the Pajero worldwide in 2021

Correct. They still build the Pajero/Montero Sport for certain regions. The US is not one of those.

Their trend is now towards rebadged Nissans. The Outlander was the first to go this route. Last I read all their models will be Nissans in a few years.

Back