VEGETABLE OIL IS A GOOD ENGINE FLUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
Cod liver oil used to be used as a people flush.

White Castle does the same job nowadays...

In regards to your quesiton...I'm going to say NO...sounds like a big Veggie Tale to me. Just use SuperTech 5w-30 (CHEAP) and an ST filter for about 20 minutes. Gets 'r clean by flushing out all the old oil. For an engine "flush", I only recommend Auto-Rx and Neutra 131 (or was that 132?).

Yeah a jug of supertech and a ST filter probably wouldn't cost any more than those "flush in a can" products and would be a whole lot safer. Heck run it for a couple days.

I shoot blackpowder muzzleloaders & find that Peanut Oil makes the best roundball patch lube because it's the slickest of all the cooking oils & withstands the highest powder ignition temperatures.

I've tried them all. None of them clean blackpowder out of my barrel unless thinned with alcohol or solvents -- so I expect vegetable oils' use as an engine flush to be a major failure.

[ March 25, 2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Triple_Se7en ]

Castor oil would probably be a great flush!!

Castor oil was used in the radial engines of WWI planes. If the pilot survived a mission, their usual first stop after landing back at base was to the bathroom to relieve themselves. The engines would spew the oil out during use and the pilots would ingest copious amounts during flight due to the open cockpit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back