Varnish and sludge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things look **** good in there....I'd say your engine has 1/10 the mileage you mention.

you know that part where the seal is, its kinda darkish color...thats my varnish color in my oil cap and engine. i used auto rx and it got that varnish off my dipstick but not under the oil cap...why DUH haha oil doesnt reach there. but inside the motor most of it lightened up. i wish i can take off my valve cover but i barely have time now. i would like my engine to look like that =)

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
GAH! Is there an engine hiding under gunk? I was worried about mine, because I saw some discoloration when I replaced a valve cover gaskets two weeks ago, but now I think mine doesn't look so bad. What do you think?

-

For the record, this is the right bank of my '96 2.8 12v Audi engine, which at this point has 124k miles on it. Until 20k miles ago I used Castrol 5W-50, now I'm using M1 0W-40.

I guess I should be happy then!
smile.gif

The top inside of the valve cover was a bit brownish, but there was nothing like thick build-up or sludge. The PCV mesh breathers up there were not clogged or really dirty either.

Looks like my engine might live another 124k miles? I sure hope so, since the motor is running better than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back