Vanishing Oil, auto-rx time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I have a '95 nissan maxima. I drive it fairly hard and it has quite a few performance modifications. I take it to the local drag strip once a month or so in the summer. Also, if it matters, I live in Boulder, CO at over a mile high. I am losing about a quart of oil a month. These are tough driving conditions, where about half my trips are just over a mile long, barely enough time to even get the engine warm. While I dont pound on the engine when it is cold, I do go to WOT quite often. Basically, I am guessing that right now, I drive about 700-900 miles a month. I just put a quart in yesterday and reset my trip meter so i get a better idea. I had been using mobil 1 5w30 over the winter and 10w30 mobil 1 now, both sypersyn. I have been using synthethic for about a year and have about 88,000 miles on the car. I used B&G 3 step engine cleaning at the beginning of this year (throttle body spray, fuel additive and vacuum system intake cleaner). I also used protec oil additive before the oil change. I have not done any blackstone analysis since I dont feel the oil has enough time before adding fresh oil, to give accurate results. I have good, even compression. I passed emissions easily about 2 months ago. I have no dripping of any sort. I have no blue smoke, ever, that I can tell. I do get a slight 'backfireish' pop in the morning when I start the car, but never any other time in the day. I attribute that to my wideopen exhaust that does not baffle those sounds like the stock exhaust did. I am guessing that the problem is with valve stem seals, but am not sure. I can not afford to get those replaced, and am certainly not mechanically inclined enough to do headwork on my own. Do you think auto-rx is worth a shot here? If so, how would I do the application? The engine cleaning way, or the leak way? Or another way? Is there another prognosis than valve stem seals? Thanks in advance.

Auto-Rx is "worth a shot' because if it does not work your money is refunded, you need the simplest way available to clean your engine including the "ProTec" off the engine oil lubricated parts, you would think by some comments on this board that the valve covers are the #1 Issue they are not with me.We are focused on the valve train. # 2 Dial up www.auto-rx.com and click on Proof of Value link scroll down and click on photos of Ford "SHO" Engine before Auto-Rx and after Auto-Rx, than click on Independent Field Tests and read Oil Analysis before Auto-Rx
and after Auto-Rx.

[ June 13, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back