Valvomax drain plug "system"

oIf it does
I've only done a drain on one of the Valvomax units so far. It worked well.

The Fumoto has been flawless for several years.

I think I prefer the Valvomax because it's more compact - I think it's slightly less prone to being damaged.
Sad they went away from the USA for materials!

This allows you drain the oil hot with no fear of burning your hands or spilling hot oil all over the place. If the oil is hot everything in the oil is coming out, any additional velocity of the bolt being removed is negligible.

These do not hang far enough down to be of any concern. It is only a few mm more than the installed drain bolt the difference is minimal.
That is probably true but if a drain plug takes a hit nothing happens, maybe hurt the bolt head - but if you hit a "quick drain Valve", its broken open and loss of oil. Things can hit the drain plug with much less risk.

It's a neat and well-built device. Some people have to criticize/argue about absolutely everything.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion...doesn't mean an argument. I don't like quick drain valves and you do - doesn't effect either of us at the end of the day.
Cheers! (y)

Nothing wrong with having an opinion...doesn't mean an argument. I don't like quick drain valves and you do - doesn't effect either of us at the end of the day.
Cheers! (y)
Its all about asking a premium price for something that's now made with cheaper materials. I like the ValvoMax concept but the company when asked gave me a run around instead. They also have a contact number that disconnects during selection of who you are trying to reach.

i have had a Fumoto valve on my 2005 F150 for 15+ years. I have a Fumoto valve on my granddaughter’s Civic, and a Stalbus valve on my other Granddaughter’s Acura RDX. I have Valvomax valves on my Escalade, 2022 EcoBoost, and my 2019 Civic. I much prefer the Valvomax over the other ones, although they all work well. The valvomax is the easiest to use and are the least messy- with a tube and clip, that easily drains directly into a 5 quart oil bottle. The Stalbus is the messiest- because you have to push in while twisting it, and you get a liile oil leakage every time.

i have had a Fumoto valve on my 2005 F150 for 15+ years. I have a Fumoto valve on my granddaughter’s Civic, and a Stalbus valve on my other Granddaughter’s Acura RDX. I have Valvomax valves on my Escalade, 2022 EcoBoost, and my 2019 Civic. I much prefer the Valvomax over the other ones, although they all work well. The valvomax is the easiest to use and are the least messy- with a tube and clip, that easily drains directly into a 5 quart oil bottle. The Stalbus is the messiest- because you have to push in while twisting it, and you get a liile oil leakage every time.
Thanks for the info. I have a Fumoto on my 2021 Tundra. Wanted to try theValvoMax and bought on for my 2019 Highlander that the ad stated was made in the USA but it seems its a Chinese product assembled here.

oIf it does

Sad they went away from the USA for materials!
This is what I was sent when I questioned the package label on my recent purchase, Hi Steven, thanks for the question. We’re proud to be “Made in America”. We manufacture, assemble, and test our valves in our Houston, Texas facility. From time to time, we import non-essential components to the valve to keep costs down so that we can continue to offer our products at the lowest possible price.

This is what I was sent when I questioned the package label on my recent purchase, Hi Steven, thanks for the question. We’re proud to be “Made in America”. We manufacture, assemble, and test our valves in our Houston, Texas facility. From time to time, we import non-essential components to the valve to keep costs down so that we can continue to offer our products at the lowest possible price.

The GM 2.7 with the plastic drain plug is absolutely the worst and the short time it drops 6 quarts it's a mess

Wish they made one for these engines I would buy it on the spot if reasonable

I have a machine shop that quoted $200 to make one that a fumoto would thread into where the GM version has the square drive

Finally bought one of these things and it's a pretty neat gadget. Happy with it. It replaces your oil drain plug with a device that has a check ball in it. The drain plug portion has an attached metal cap that screws on with your fingers. The other half is a metal fitting that screws into the checkball outlet and has a clear tube attached to it. So you screw the metal fitting into the checkball outlet, and the oil drains nice and neat through the tube into your receptacle.

$50 and I would say worth it. Well engineered and well built. Available on Amazon.

I also looked at the Fumoto valve, which is just a drain plug device without the tube/metal fitting.

Only downside to either one I can really think of is if you took it to have the oil changed at a shop, you would have to tell them what's going on or have the valvomax metal fitting thing with you to give them to use. So I do my own.
My problem with the Fumoto is I cannot figure out how to open it and not get my hand covered in hot oil. I should have bought the Fumoto valve that allows a hose to connect to it.

Last edited:
I just saw this from Dorman. Looks interesting. But its Dorman brand.

Screenshot_20240529-175513.jpg

I actually have a bovine aortic valve in my heart- hasn’t quit working for 14 years- i expect the valves on my cars to be as reliable.
2% of those bovine valves fail on insertion….after ten years 6% have failed.
I have used those oil valves for decades and worked in medical research since 1973. I think my oil drain valves have been MUCH more reliable.

I’ve had goid luck with both my bovine valve and my oil valves. I had bicuspid aortic stenosis and i couldn’t even bend over to tie my shoes without almost fainting. I wouldn’t be here today without modern medicine.

Ok. I need to get something better than just draining the oil into a drain pan after unscrewing the drain plug. It's 14 QT and it comes out like piss from a race horse. Makes a mess even if the drain pan is about 2 feet behind the drain hole.

Ok. I need to get something better than just draining the oil into a drain pan after unscrewing the drain plug. It's 14 QT and it comes out like piss from a race horse. Makes a mess even if the drain pan is about 2 feet behind the drain hole.
On the other hand the truck has 153k and the oil was just changed. So next oil change would be 169K. I obviously cannot install it (without making a mess,) unless the oil is drained. How many more oil changes is the truck good for?

Back