Valvoline VO-10060 Cut Open

I received this filter for “free” when I ordered motor oil from Valvoline Global. I am sad it didn’t go on my Explorer, it actually looks pretty good! I was surprised to see a silicone adbv. The louvers look great. It’s shorter than the Motorcraft FL-500S. Would that be much of an issue?

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0314.jpeg
    IMG_0314.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 99
I received this filter for “free” when I ordered motor oil from Valvoline Global. I am sad it didn’t go on my Explorer, it actually looks pretty good! I was surprised to see a silicone adbv. The louvers look great. It’s shorter than the Motorcraft FL-500S. Would that be much of an issue?

Enjoy!
Shame on Valvoline for sending you incorrect oil filter. Pictures are great, thank you sir.

If I’m not mistaken that’s the same filter that goes on the 6.4 Hemi in the Ram 2500’s and it has a lot of different applications.

Agreed. I was going to say comparable to a Super Tech MP series until a saw comment about louvers and looked closer. I'd now say more comparable to the Champ XL which has (or did) metal core with louvers. In a well-maintained vehicle, somewhat shorter filter wouldn't be an issue. There's many vehicles coming out of quick lubes with consolidated downsized application filters. And, vast majority of those have a nitrile adbv, not silicone here. If it screwed on and just a downsize from the the OE, I'd run the topic filter.

As for efficiency, if like many similar Champ Labs, 99%@30um. Not sure what the XL is, but could be higher. Either way, again, I'd use it.

Thanks for c&p. Decent filter as a "free" add on oil filter.

Don't like the baseplate design and sloppy stamping and perforations that subject the adbv to tearing - like fram. Media containment is traditional - though too small a surface area.

Yeah, I don't recall any Frams "tearing ADBVs". 🤷‍♂️
Ha ha... Right! They have a good QC. What I've seen is some of the worst known oil filter makers, at one point, go out & outdo themselves over time & end up being a high quality product. I think Fram fits that description.

Back