"Valvoline the Great"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JonnyHotcakes

Too much emphasis on basestocks.

Mr Hotcakes, so a Group 1 with a good add pack is ok for 5000kilometer drain interval ? Would you still use Group 1 in anything (blends etc) ???

TallPaul- You've got me looking at Valvoline. It's been decades since I've used their oil, I'm giving them a look again. I must admit I have used VSOT and thought the product was good, shame they dropped it.

Frank D

Yeah, VSOT was nice stuff. Frankly, the Premium Conventional looks so good, there is hardly reason to go to one of their other brands, but then, if you view Maxlife as a revved up version of Premium Conventional, it's a slam dunk decision to go Maxlife.

My oci is coming up in March. My choices this time were between RP,Valvoline VR1,and Valvoline Premium Conventional. I`m going with the Premium Conventional this time. I may even buy a case of it.

Valvoline has me like a kid in a candy shop. Hard to decide which of their great oils to run, Maxlife Blend, Premium Conventional, Durablend, VR-1, Synpower, Maxlife Synthetic, or Premium Blue (HDMO). Go to valvoline.com and the opening page has all the bottles lined up. It's fun to run the mouse across them as each one will grow bigger as you mouse it, then you can pull down more info. Valvoline has a very nice website.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Valvoline has me like a kid in a candy shop. Hard to decide which of their great oils to run, Maxlife Blend, Premium Conventional, Durablend, VR-1, Synpower, Maxlife Synthetic, or Premium Blue (HDMO). Go to valvoline.com and the opening page has all the bottles lined up. It's fun to run the mouse across them as each one will grow bigger as you mouse it, then you can pull down more info. Valvoline has a very nice website.

I know! All of their products are awesome. Personally Synpower in the winter and conventional in the summer. I might try Maxlife or Durablend this summer. On top of that I exclusively use Valvoline PS, AFT and grease.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
from Valveman : I don't want any misinformation being spread here - it is the job of our technical contacts!

LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I honestly believe we will see the quality/accuracy of information from the Valvoline tech line and e-mail response go up greatly in the next 3-4 months, and sooner.

since there is a Valvoline thread and a tech responding and all.....I will ask my question here.

Would there be any reason not to use Valvoline Syn Maxlife in a turbocharged motor? Is there anything in the oil that could harm the turbo? Will the oil hold up to the higher temps and torture the turbo will put it thru?

I know it might be a stupid question, but I feel its better to ask now rather than regret it later.

I try to be a Pennzoil man, but there are 47 quarts of Valvoline oil, transmission fluid and Valvoline made NAPA brand synthetic oil on a shelf behind me. I only have 6 quarts of Pennzoil.

It just works out that I buy Valvoline products the most.

i liked using durablend in my camry. however, valvoline australia have dumbed down their website to a marketing tool and carwash ad. Can;t find technical info on their site. just adspeak. this has me disappointed.

I appreciate Valman's contributions to the site. He's offered a lot of good info on the Valvoline line, so there should be little confusion. Valvoline makes very good conventional and synthetic oils.
thumbsup2.gif

Is the Valvoline product line exactly the same in Canada as the US? Or are there differences between the formulations?

Example, PP in Canada is blended here in Canada, but the formulation appears to be identical to US PP. Is this the same for Vavoline, or are all products brought over the border?

According to their product data sheets:

"This information only applies to products manufactured in the following location(s): USA, Canada"

So it would appear that you Canadians get the same stuff.

eh.
grin2.gif

Only difference then, I would think, is that in U.S. its packaged in quarts, whereas in Canada its packaged in liters.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I agree its cool that we have a Valvoline person on board! Thanks for joining and commenting!

So the new user valveman has claimed to work for Ashland Corp.?
Where and when did this occur?

Originally Posted By: jmac
Originally Posted By: mcrn
I agree its cool that we have a Valvoline person on board! Thanks for joining and commenting!

So the new user valveman has claimed to work for Ashland Corp.?
Where and when did this occur?

I came to BITOG in April of last year and Valveman was here when I got here. He is more than a Valvoline tech man, much more. He lives up the road from me and is with the Valvoline side of Ashland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back