Valvoline SynP 5W30 10,147 mi. 04 Neon 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA4_23_09.jpg

Here's the latest UOA for the car, looks good I think. This was with a Mobil 1 M209 filter. I usually use a Wix or Napa Gold filter but wally world had these on sale for $5 ea. so I bought several. This is the first time I've used Valvoline Synpower in this car, it's been Mobil 1 since the first oil change and a couple of times with PP. Also This is the first time using 5W30, it's been 10W30 till now.

I keep telling people that any synthetic will survice 10k miles easily...10k here, TBN 3.1, insols. at .3...could have gone 15k if you wanted to!

Nice run.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I keep telling people that any synthetic will survice 10k miles easily.

True in some cases but not others. It doesn't make good advice without taking into account the engine, how it's driven, how good of tune it's in, dirt ingestion, etc.

One example is that I haven't even been able to go more than about 5K miles in my VW 1.8T, using good or great synthetics, without it varnishing up.

Originally Posted By: buster
Impressive results! Too bad Valvoline is up for sale.

when it changes managment will the brew change?
this UOA looks great, but year after year keeping with the same product will be hard to do.
Company stops selling that specific blend replaces it with another and all that kind of stuff.
just a few months ago i found on a NAPA shelf some SG Valvoline, then 3 weeks later I went to get more none found! went to 12 stores nothing! what a waste! thanks Valvoline!

Originally Posted By: crinkles
looks very good, what are your driving habits?

I use this car for my work commute, it's about 40 miles each way. Right now It's mostly highway driving roughly 75% the rest stop and go traffic.

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
SynPower, truly a a good oil...worth every penny!

Yes, good oil AND the 5 qt jug is about $5 cheaper than M1.
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't know that the Valvoline company was being sold off. I hope the new owners, whoever they may be, don't change the formulations..

Last edited:
If the new owners are anything like SOPUS who bought Pennzoil, no worries. Hopefully it's quality remains the same for those of you who use the products.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Does this work out to around a 5-6 month OCI?

About 5 months.

Can you fill us in on which oils were used on the previous reports listed in the other columns? I know you said M1 and PP but can you tell us which is which. Thanks.

Nice run,man. It's the motor and your drive;not the oil. 10k is far enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back