Valvoline SynP 5W30 10,147 mi. 04 Neon 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ctc
Can you fill us in on which oils were used on the previous reports listed in the other columns? I know you said M1 and PP but can you tell us which is which. Thanks.

Sure, listed by date: 7/07 M1, 10/07 PP. 2/08 M1.

The OP location and driving conditions are excellent conditions for any oil. The temperature in Hawaii never drop below 60-65F and high is mostly in the mid-80. Driving distance is a nice 40 miles each way with majority of it is highway. I think even dino would show as good UOA.

Wow, these engines are great on oil. And this as a good oil for this engine. I wouldn't dare change a thing.

True, but I don't think I'd keep dino in there for 10k miles. As far as temps here, it did dip into the low 50's in some places during the winter. I thought we were all going to freeze to death!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
Wow, these engines are great on oil. And this as a good oil for this engine. I wouldn't dare change a thing.

From what I've seen of other UOA's on these engines, they seem to do well no matter where they are operated. There are however lots of people who would have you to believe that all Neons dissolve into the earth before they reach 50k miles. I don't mind, it helps keep these cars cheap so people like me can buy them and drive them till the wheels fall off.
grin2.gif

Although It could go a little longer, I think I'll stick with the 10k mile OCI interval using cheap synthetics like Synpower.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
If the new owners are anything like SOPUS who bought Pennzoil, no worries. Hopefully it's quality remains the same for those of you who use the products.

Yeah, well SOPUS had my trust WAY before Pennzoil did...
27.gif

Quote:
From what I've seen of other UOA's on these engines, they seem to do well no matter where they are operated.

I can't recall his username, but one of our members flogged his towing and used a 5w-20. Outstanding UOA.

Quote:
There are however lots of people who would have you to believe that all Neons dissolve into the earth before they reach 50k miles. I don't mind, it helps keep these cars cheap so people like me can buy them and drive them till the wheels fall off.

I agree. I keep trying to steal my son's 96 SOHC beater (and boy it's seen some urban carnage before he got it @ 96k). They are the beater bargain that can't be topped. If they break too badly, throw it away and buy another one.

i have been running Synpower for about 2 years now. i have about 6800 miles on the oil nowin my 2002 3.4 tacoma auto 4x4 (128k miles on her) with 60-70% highway and 40-30% city and dang curious how long i could go. normally i change it out at 7000 miles no matter what but i am tempted to push it to atleast 7500 miles.. it doesnt use oil at all unless i am going pretty high speeds (which i dont do) and her maintenance is up to date.. what are your opinions? after my bogo synpowers are up i am switching to either PP or YB (to save $$ on the dino) since i know i can run 5k on YB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back