Valvoline said "No moly in Maxlife".

Valvoline told me they use no moly in their Maxlife full synthetic oils. I was curious because of the recent uoa showing 300+ppm of moly. They told me it's old technology. I wonder what they use instead, and I wonder where that 300+ppm of moly came from?

The user might have put some aftermarket Moly additive.

Also:

Why not just bump that thread instead of making anew?

The user might have put some aftermarket Moly additive.

Also:

Why not just bump that thread instead of making anew?
Uoa op said he used no additives.

Maybe the OP needs to read this...

Have to wonder who writes, spell checks, and content checks these tech pieces.

"undo" should be "undue"

Significant differences in meaning.

If I could do Photoshop, I'd make a pic of the Soup Nazi..."no moly for you"
soup.jpg

Valvoline told me they use no moly in their Maxlife full synthetic oils. I was curious because of the recent uoa showing 300+ppm of moly. They told me it's old technology. I wonder what they use instead, and I wonder where that 300+ppm of moly came from?

I'd bet good money....

That person does not know anything at all about the actual formulation of the oil and friction modifiers, extreme pressure additives used in the Valvoline oil.....

"Old" technology... Funny how many and I mean many other blenders use the "old" technology molybdenum.

I'd bet good money....

That person does not know anything at all about the actual formulation of the oil and friction modifiers, extreme pressure additives used in the Valvoline oil.....

"Old" technology... Funny how many and I mean many other blenders use the "old" technology molybdenum.
Yes exactly!! Especially the expensive high end oil Redline. Lots of moly!!

Well apparently this may be correct for Maxlife. I know these links are old/er but they are showing low to no moly.

I remember in the 80's Moly additives were the thing for motorcycles.....I think Kotz or Golden Spectro made some 4 stroke snake oil that was suppose to coat sooth and protect your hard working big bore single dirt bike.....all it did was turn the oil black....I used it once and that was enough for me.

I remember in the 80's Moly additives were the thing for motorcycles.....I think Kotz or Golden Spectro made some 4 stroke snake oil that was suppose to coat sooth and protect your hard working big bore single dirt bike.....all it did was turn the oil black....I used it once and that was enough for me.
Kotz = Klotz

So let me get this straight - valvoline puts moly in the normal SP Maxlife at very similar levels as the SN+, but doesn’t put any in their premium products?

Yeah... I’ll wait for the SP Test from PQIA

Back