Valvoline Price Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a local wal-mart today and it was $22.50, $.50 more than M1. I might have to switch to M1 if the price doesn't change!
crazy2.gif

NOACk is just a number. Focusing on any number when comparing oils that meet the same specs is counterproductive. HTHS, Tbn, ADD PACK NUMBERS, noack, flash , viscosities.. they are all minor parts of the oil, what Specs does it meet? The specs cover the parameters for all these numbers so you don't have to interpret them.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
I like the low NOACK% of the Synpower.

thumbsup2.gif
The NOACK of 8% for their 10W-30 Synpower is indeed good for a GP III oil. Their synthetic MaxLife has a NOACK of 7
shocked2.gif

Their detergent pack and anti wear pack is good also. Their anti wear pack pushes the envelope for GF-4. I wish they made a SM, NON ILSAC, 10W-40 or 15W-40. Their 5W-40 MST and 5W-50 HST are as close as they come.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Captain Klink aka scoobie

They have WalMarts in Afghanistan?

They are the same person?

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Captain Klink aka scoobie

They have WalMarts in Afghanistan?

They are the same person?

Yes.

Originally Posted By: gwm
My AAP ad calls for "5qts. Synpower and a FRAM TG filt. for $24.99"

Sorry, not the deal for me!

Still not a bad deal.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: gwm
My AAP ad calls for "5qts. Synpower and a FRAM TG filt. for $24.99"

Sorry, not the deal for me!

Still not a bad deal.

True, I just prefered the 5 Qts. of GC 0w-30 and K&N filter for $25

I have often thought of using Valvoline, many friends and family use it, many dealerships and garages in the area use it, however I always wonder if I would just be paying to support an advertising budget, you have to admit they have great advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back