Valvoline NextGen Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Valvoline as a sponsor. Was at one point a VIOC employee and have always used Valvoline products. But after finding Bitog have experimented with allot of different brands. I maintain a fleet of 5 personal vehicles so it is easy to compare. Currently, for my own personal reasons favor Valvoline and Mobil products. One of these reasons is my perceived gas mileage, multiple vehicles get approx 40k a year and even very small mileage gains add up over time. I also tend to favor high mileage oils, as most of the vehicles are close to or over the 200k mark. These oils tend to help with minor leaks in my experience.

So my question becomes is there any mileage advantage to using NextGen products compared to the standard Maxlife products?

I would also like to know the performance differences between NextGen, Maxlife and the conventional white bottle Valvoline. Using 50% recycled oil is there less refining needed compared to crude and less asphalt, sulfur, and easily oxidized components in the finished oil?

I have an antique car with a 1970 Cadillac 472 in it. The mileage on the engine is unknown - would Valvoline NextGen bee a good choice for this car? What viscosity would be correct?

Thank you for sponsoring this great site and providing an avenue for us to inquire about NextGen.

My question is - will there be any versions of NextGen that will meet any of the Euro specs like VW 502.00 or even ACEA A3/B4?

Originally Posted By: PZR2874
^How much do you drive it?

It's driven quite a bit thru the summer, or actually April thru October. I use it for short around town errands (stop and go) quite a bit, and also drive it on the interstate to out of town car shows, so it gets mixed use. I'd guess 4-5K miles a year.

Are the answers being sent individually via private message?

Here's my question: Now that it's been a year or so, are there any announcements forthcoming about changes to the lineup that you can share at this time, such as adding/ending certain grades of NextGen, or adding NextGen Synpower to the lineup?

Ken_W

Do you have to pay the for used oil or are your suppliers glad to have it taken away?

Back in the day working in a garage, we were instructed to tell walk-ins with used oil that "our storage tanks are full so we can't take anymore oil." I used to work at a 'Lube in a Jiffy' place. The waste oil heater ran 24 / 7 so that they wouldn't have to pay to have the waste oil disposed.

Apparently it was costly to dispose used oil back then.

Is waste oil now a valuable commodity, rather than a liability?

Thanks for sponsoring and for the offer.

My questions are like the other questions like what is the other 50 percent (synthetic or not) that is not re-refined?

Shelf Life?

The maxlife version of nextgen, what extra is in it besides (I assume) gasket rejuvinator?

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks, Frank

Originally Posted By: Jasmotas
The only way I see this product surving is if costs less than a "virgin" product. Being green and recycling is great. But what will make the sale with the majority of folks is if it saves some green in their wallets.
I agree with this. I love the idea of buying and using recycled oil, but if it is going to be priced at or above that of virgin oil, I am not buying it.

How about some heavier weights? 20w50? 15w40?

Diesel oil?

Motorcycle oil?

100% recycled?

Why is this oil costlier than the non-recycled oil?

Has anyone received a response yet?

Last edited:
I have thought about using Valvoline and would like to but it seems to cost more than it should.I say this because I live in Ky,actually I live about 40 miles from Valvoline headquarters in Lexington Ky.

Since Valvoline in based here in Ky,it should cost us less than in other parts of the country.

At my local WM,a 5 qt. bottle is $15.97 and a qt. bottle is over $4.00.I can get Mobil Super for $13.23 in the 5 qt. and $3.62 for a qt.

I would just as soon give money to Valvoline if it was closer in price.

The Nextgen should be a good oil.

Valvoline,

Thank you for creating the NextGen product. I think highly of companies that make taking care of our environment a part of doing business.

1. How much by-product (contaminents) are produced or removed at the end of the process of recycling motor oil to make NextGen?

2. I assume the by-product is composed mostly of metals that may be toxic. What is done with the extracted contaminents from used motor oil at the end of each batch process to form the NextGen product? Is the by-product also recycled or sold to lubricant additive manufacturers?

BITOG and Valvoline would like to thank everyone who participated with questions. Valvoline will return the answers to our questions as soon as possible.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back