Valvoline High Mileage with maxlife tech semi-syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in Walmart that it appears the bottles of Maxlife have changed. It appears Valvoline is labeling it was Valvoline High Mileage with Maxlife Technology. Anyone know if the formulation has changed with the revamped naming convention? I bought a quart to top off the S10.

Last edited:
Nobody can say for sure. I haven't seen any VOAs or UOAs yet. I will say this - the 5w20 and 5w30 were reformulated for Dexos1 Gen1 a while back - and valvoline decided not to pursue Dexos Gen2 for these oils. So they may have gone back to the old sodium and no sulfated ash pack they used to use, or they might use the new additive pack they developed for LSPI (API SN+).

Valvoline syns are dexos1 Gen2 and all their oils are SN Plus. They have not gone back to a Sodium add pack.

^^^^^^^

Exactly right Wemay. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic runs really quiet in my car. It is doggone good.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
^^^^^^^

Exactly right Wemay. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic runs really quiet in my car. It is doggone good.

thumbsup2.gif

I'll be trying the reformulated version next, on both vehicles. Hearing good things about it. Such as you say, "runs quiet".

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: bbhero
^^^^^^^

thumbsup2.gif

I'll be trying the reformulated version next, on both vehicles. Hearing good things about it. Such as you say, "runs quiet".

I like it as well. Engine runs quiet and smooth. Oil is still a amber honey color just as it was from the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back