Valvoline EP 0w-20, 4,775 miles, 2017 Honda CR-V EX 1.5 GDI turbo

After draining the oil, did you unscrew the fumoto and remove the remaining oil ? Residue above the lip of the screwed in fumoto otherwise ends up distorting your numbers.
Never had this issue and have used Fumotos for years. I always drain the exact amount of oil that I put in and that the manufacturer calls for...🤷‍♂️ You're supposed to take the sample mid stream after a couple quarts have drained so how would your results be skewed?

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I’m wondering if that’s a “Honda thing” owing to known fuel dilution.
That’s why I asked about your OLM versus mileage.

Fuel dilution concerns? Definitely use Wear Check or Oil Analyzers.
Yes, it's a Honda thing. If you drive a lot of miles, the OLM will hit 0% before 12 months. There's a real algorithm in there. But the 12 month rule will override the algorithm if it looks like 12 months will pass before the OLM would naturally get to 0%.

I'm skeptical that adding a Fumoto valve and draining the oil hot would improve your fuel dilution. I have a Fumoto valve and I always drain the oil hot and still have quite a bit of fuel dilution in my '22 Subaru Crosstrek engine. I do 3,000 mi OCIs. Check out my recent thread if you haven't already. I sent the same sample to Blackstone and Oil Analyzers. Blackstone said I had no fuel dilution and OA flagged over 3%! Enough said. As others have stated, if you are worried about fuel dilution, do not use Blackstone! You definitely have fuel dilution in that sample! I'm guessing 3% or higher.
My previous sampling methods were faulty. I would start the vehicle and only let it run long enough to pull it up on my ramps.
Apparently, that cold start dumps a lots of fuel in to the engine and it gets past the piston rings and does not get burned off..
I now take a 10 -15 minute drive to get the oil hot and the Fumoto valve makes it much easier to drain while hot.

My previous sampling methods were faulty. I would start the vehicle and only let it run long enough to pull it up on my ramps.
Apparently, that cold start dumps a lots of fuel in to the engine and it gets past the piston rings and does not get burned off..
I now take a 10 -15 minute drive to get the oil hot and the Fumoto valve makes it much easier to drain while hot.
The short warmup could have something to with the numbers being a little skewed. Drive your car until the water temperature comes up to normal operating temperature before dumping the oil or taking a sample.

Never had this issue and have used Fumotos for years. I always drain the exact amount of oil that I put in and that the manufacturer calls for...🤷‍♂️ You're supposed to take the sample mid stream after a couple quarts have drained so how would your results be skewed?
I am referring to accuracy in successive UOAs. I consistently drain oil down to one drop every 30 seconds. We are talking about parts per million and the relationship of fuel dilution, wear and engine cleanliness.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I’m wondering if that’s a “Honda thing” owing to known fuel dilution.
That’s why I asked about your OLM versus mileage.

Fuel dilution concerns? Definitely use Wear Check or Oil Analyzers.
Its not necessarily a honda thing. GDI turbo vehicle fuel dilution is a well documented phenomenon in many different engines and brands. It is an issue in the turbo honda's but haven't seen it be in issue in the naturally aspirated versions (unless there is actually an issue with the injectors).

Will be interesting to see UOA's from the new toyota T24A.

Oil left in the pan contaminates future oil.

This distorts data from future UOAs.

It is magnified by the fact that the oil not removed with the fumoto valve intact contains settled debris.

Hopefully it is all clear now.

I understand though, as even Einstein did flunk the entrance exam to Zurich Polytechnic.

Bump up a grade as vis is low, more so fuel related and some base oil related though Blackstone can't measure fuel well, nonetheless 6.6 is low.
Its not necessarily a honda thing. GDI turbo vehicle fuel dilution is a well documented phenomenon in many different engines and brands. It is an issue in the turbo honda's but haven't seen it be in issue in the naturally aspirated versions (unless there is actually an issue with the injectors).

Will be interesting to see UOA's from the new toyota T24A.

5% dilution (keep in mind 5% is the max OAI reports) is common in my DI, non-turbo Honda K24W. After 85k I’ve stopped worrying about it.

Man….there’s a couple of Guys here who need to start a new company and put BS out of business. Apparently know more than BS does. I need some sample kits when you guys are ready

Man….there’s a couple of Guys here who need to start a new company and put BS out of business. Apparently know more than BS does. I need some sample kits when you guys are ready
What are you on about? Blackstone doesn't use GC fuel, that's a well established fact, if all you want to see are the metals and TBN, they are fine, if you are concerned about fuel dilution, using a lab that uses GC only makes sense because the Blackstone fuel figures aren't remotely close to accurate. This isn't about "knowing more than Blackstone", it is simply the limitations of estimating fuel from flashpoint.

Oil left in the pan contaminates future oil.

This distorts data from future UOAs.

It is magnified by the fact that the oil not removed with the fumoto valve intact contains settled debris.

Hopefully it is all clear now.

I understand though, as even Einstein did flunk the entrance exam to Zurich Polytechnic.
What about the oil that is left in the nooks and crannies of the engine?

Back