new RDX turbo GDI; 2k miles on Mobil1 0w-20 sample

new RDX had factory fill replaced with Mobil 1 0W20 at 5000 miles. Here is 2000 miles sample oil analyzers. RDX is turbo, direct injection I think.

tin 2ppm
silicon 63 ppm
base number 3.10 mg KOH/gram
Oil analyzers said check air induction. silicon at significant level. base number slightly low Tin minor level
fuel dilution 0.1% by GC

OK! I would like all your comments. funny! i was expecting fuel dilution but have silicon. when dealer changed the oil, did they inspect the air filter and put it back loosely?

1. should I replace engine air filter now?
The B6 code came up, change rear diff fluid. I will do that.
2. should I change oil, or not necessary.

I can supply all the wear metals if you want. I could not figure how to supply the whole report. all other values normal

thanks everyone! still learning.
bob

The silicon is simply from all the sealers etc. from factory build & the next few oil changes will flush it out. Do you have the complete Analysis wear numbers?

The silicon is always elevated on new cars from the sealers as fantastic states. The air filter is fine and typically will be for about 25-40k as that's what they last though the life doesn't go down linearly. In the first 5k miles on my 2021 the digital aflm went down to about mid 60% but now I'm at 21k and it's at around 30% life left. I'm sure you have some kind of air filter life monitor either digital or mechanical in the air filter box under the hood

As for that rear diff code that's odd. Acura might just want that break in metal out though at 2k miles i doubt the ppm would be beyond 60. If you want you can change the diff oil early but it's probably still fine. Do you know what type of diff it has. If it's an open or electronic locking diff the diff additive isn't required and using supertech 75w-90 would be fine. If it's a mechanical lsd which i kind of doubt a modern acura would be you'd need the diff additive though in daily driving one might not ever notice as they might not ever get the mechanical locking diff to engage anyway.

Could you post the whole sheet.

I suspect the differential fluid change notice is for when the next oil change occurs. Typically, Honda products have a first differential service at around 15k and subsequent ones at 25-30k intervals.

fantastic: THANK you for telling me the silicon is OK
Javier: this from someone:please note that the SH-AWD rear differential has some hydraulic circuitry in there together with a small electric pump,

wood: I wanted to test the oil by sample, NOT by changing it to see if I had a lot, or any fuel dilution, and to see how long I should run that oil.

fantastic:
Iron 9 chromium nickel lead cadmium silver vanadium titanium lithium zero
aluminum 6 copper 10 tin 2 silicon 63 sodium 2 potassium 2 molybdenum is 163. antimony manganese barium are 1.
boron 85. magnesium 588. calcium 976 phosphorus is 633. zinc is 693
viscosity at 100 degrees C is7.2cSt.
base number 3.1 oxidation is 10 nitration is 8.

I plan to run this Mobil 1 to 5000 miles and measure. I bought Amsoil, will use that next change.

THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH.
BOB

Thanks for posting the detailed report. Everything looks pretty good & what's expected at your mileage. Iron, Copper, & Silicon will come down more in the near future. RDX looks like good oil but Mobil 1 should work well too.

Back