Valve tick maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a del sol civic engine and I thought it was a valve tick. I adjusted the valves, and heard no difference. The tick is suttle at idle, and gets higher up to 2K rpms, and then goes away. I don't see any effect on gas mileage and I have been driving this way for at least 15K.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

An old trick is to use a long screwdriver. Touch the suspected area or part with the end, and hold your ear tight to the handle.

Mechtech: Thanks, I did get the stephescope at Kragen for about $10, and the tick was coming from the injector. Now I got to pin point this weird rattle/tapping sound when cold at around 2K rpms..maybe piston slap, but I think it is related to the transmission (Manual).

Could be, yes it only does it when its cold..not a hard knock...but sounds like some sort of "loose baffle" sound. I guess there's nothing I can do but use thicker oil.

Was thinking maybe it could be the transmission. Since it seems like the bearing, input bearing, pressure plate were not changed with the cheapo dealer clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back