2021 duramax oil questions/typewriter tick

Hey bobs oil peeps.

I have a 2021 gmc 2500 duramax that has the normal typewriter tick with Fresh oil and goes away as I put miles on it. I think GM says it’s air bubbles popping around the crank.

I have been running amsoil 15w40 w/ amsoil filter….

Any thing better or recommended

It's not the oil nor the filter. And if it is "air bubbles popping around the crank" then that's not good. It means you're lubricating with air and not oil.
Google duramax typewriter tick and report back… it’s normal noise and seems more noticeable right after oil change….

Did it on my 2011,2015 and now 2020+ models

Hey bobs oil peeps.

I have a 2021 gmc 2500 duramax that has the normal typewriter tick with Fresh oil and goes away as I put miles on it. I think GM says it’s air bubbles popping around the crank.

I have been running amsoil 15w40 w/ amsoil filter….

Any thing better or recommended
Yeah I’ve tried Mobil 1 Delvac Extreme 15w40, Rotella T6 5w and 15w, doesn’t matter. I will always get that tick sound at idle in my 2021 L5P after an oil change. There was a TSB on it floating around and it doesn’t sound like anything to be concerned about.

All Duramax generation engines seem to do this to some extent. My 2007 LBZ does it occasionally after the oil has been changed. The Duramax has been around for nearly 23 years now so this is nothing new or to be concerned about.

Back