Vacation rental issues

I have been on a dozen cruises. From 7 days to 70 plus days. Yea-got a cold on a couple-nothing serious. But the last one which we stopped along cities along each coast of South America-and cruise up the Amazon to Manaus, Brazil was phenomenal. Also cruised Antarctica.

Bottom line-you are either a cruise person or you are not.

Got two back to back cruises currently booked soon, a Mediterranean and a trans Atlantic back to the States. Will be gone 70 days again.

Fair enough. I threw in the petri dish part half-jokingly; personally, what I find least appealing about cruises is the closed nature of the experience. I'm an explorer, and like to see the unvarnished version of places when I travel, which is the opposite of a cruise, resort or tour experience.

Which is why I don't ever see myself visiting a theme park in the future, especially given their cost, and the price discrimination tactics that have taken over the industry. Pay loads of money to stand in line, or even more money to cut? No kids to take, so no thanks.

But, those kinds of things do appeal to many people, and nothing wrong with that.

There are different ways to travel, including a more DIY experience, which was the original distinction to be made.

The new place has fun guests.
IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

We rented an apartment in Amalfi Italy for two weeks in Sept. We have been to Amalfi twice on excursions from Mediterranean cruises. But thought it would be nice to stay there for awhile vs a few hours on an excursion. I am pretty sure I know within a block or so of where it's located. It's an apartment by Italian standards so not expect a room at the Ritz Carlton.

Back