Not open for further replies.
2005 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 6.0 V8
4.10 gears

Best 15.5 on fwy

Avg 11 mixed driving

She's got a drinking problem
grin.gif

Last edited:
My Grand Marquis general will average around 22. I have done as well as 28 on country highways at 55. Normally highway will get about 24 cruising 75-80 mph. I do often put in an E85 blend usually 7 gallons in my 20 gallon tank. Car seems to run better on premium or higher octane this blend yields me the benefit of premium fuel but lowers fuel economy to about 20 on highway and 18 mixed. The E85 here is much cheaper than premium.

2009 F150, 5.4L, supercrew 4x4. 14.5 MPG average in mixed driving. It has a 5 star tune for 87 octane, but really needs mid or premium fuel. The only other mod is the larger intake snorkel from a later model. The original was about 1.5 inches and was a restriction at higher rpm. They say 7hp.

The truck runs well and is nicely responsive and sporty. Because it’s really fun, MPG suffers.

These are my 3 best averages in my Corvette over the distances listed (31 miles, 62 miles, 404 miles) The number under the word best, on the left, is the one to look at. Overall on my current OCI my total average is 25.4 MPG, I'm about 3600 miles into the interval. If I set the cruise to 70 mph I can get over 35 MPG on the highway quite easily in this car. It's the combination of great aerodynamics, super tall gearing (8 speed auto with 2.41 rear axle equals 1200 rpm at 60 mph), and the ability to cut back to 4 cylinders at light throttle. I also run mostly ethanol free 91 octane too.

Originally Posted By: Patman
These are my 3 best averages in my Corvette over the distances listed (31 miles, 62 miles, 404 miles) The number under the word best, on the left, is the one to look at. Overall on my current OCI my total average is 25.4 MPG, I'm about 3600 miles into the interval. If I set the cruise to 70 mph I can get over 35 MPG on the highway quite easily in this car. It's the combination of great aerodynamics, super tall gearing (8 speed auto with 2.41 rear axle equals 1200 rpm at 60 mph), and the ability to cut back to 4 cylinders at light throttle. I also run mostly ethanol free 91 octane too.

Why does the speedometer go to 330? Sounds a bit silly. I mean even the ZR1 has a top speed of 211

The speedometer goes to 330 because it's the Canadian market Corvette, so 330 km/h is about 205mph (higher than mine will do, mine's probably good for 190). Cars for the US market have a speedo that is numbered up to 200. I believe the ZR1 and Z06 models are numbered higher in both cases to account for their higher top speed.

The speedometer goes to 330 because it's the Canadian market Corvette, so 330 km/h is about 205mph (higher than mine will do, mine's probably good for 190). Cars for the US market have a speedo that is numbered up to 200. I believe the ZR1 and Z06 models are numbered higher in both cases to account for their higher top speed.
Oooh, strange it says MPH and miles instead of kilometers.

Is that actually 6,490 miles or kilometers?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

It was miles at the time (now it's at 6600)

The dash display has the ability to show in either metric or imperial, but the numbering stays the same for the speedo no matter which one you choose. I like to keep the display in imperial more often because I prefer the temperatures to display in Farenheit and I prefer to see the gas mileage readouts in MPG instead of L per 100km.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

It was miles at the time (now it's at 6600)

The dash display has the ability to show in either metric or imperial, but the numbering stays the same for the speedo no matter which one you choose. I like to keep the display in imperial more often because I prefer the temperatures to display in Farenheit and I prefer to see the gas mileage readouts in MPG instead of L per 100km.

GM has been doing this for at least 10 years now, it's a nice little touch that I like.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
What are you driving?

Mercedes GL 550 with a 4.7 liter V8

It's the combination of great aerodynamics, super tall gearing (8 speed auto with 2.41 rear axle equals 1200 rpm at 60 mph), and the ability to cut back to 4 cylinders at light throttle. I also run mostly ethanol free 91 octane too.
my charger has tall gearing, cylinder deactivation, and runs on 93 octane gas. The only thing it lacks is great aerodynamics. Cruising at 70 mph, I am lucky to get 22 mpg.

I am not complaining. I did not buy this car for its fuel economy. But seeing your corvette's mpg numbers makes me wonder what else GM is doing to make this possible. The Charger is pretty heavy. Is Corvette a lot lighter?

99 Cobra, Average 18
03 Cobra, Average 15
1st Gen Cadillac CTS-V Best 29.8, Average, 20.2
2nd Gen Cadillac CTS-V Best 21, Average, 15.6
2002 Yukon XL 3.73 13-16 mpg.
94 Lexus LS 400, Best 28, Average 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back