Use FP/FP60 in brand new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit the bullet and purchased a new 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL today. Old 95 Saab has 274k miles, so I thought it was time.

I've used a steady diet of Fuel Power/FP60 and a little TW-3 in the Saab for years. Want to know if that regimen is something I should implement in the new Altima.

What say yee? Thanks in advance.

Do you routinely run cheap gas through the car? Does the car fall way behind on maintenance? Is the VQ motor prone to fuel delivery issues?

I'll go out on a limb and say no, meaning that FP is probably not needed.

Just run a bottle of Redline SI-1/Regane/Techron Concentrate through once per oil change.

Well, it will probably get the same gas the Saab has lived on for most of it's life--Costco. The Costco AMEX card (executive membership) gives me 4% back on purchases.

Have never had a problem with Costco gas. Of course, I have used Techron Concentrate, Redline SI-1, Gumout Regane, and FP products in the Saab for the longest. So the plan is to use the same regimen with the Altima. Altima is so new to me that I haven't had time to determine if the motor has any fuel-related issues. I'm on the Saabnet for the Saab, so now I need a website for the Altima that will educate on those and other issues. Thanks.

+1 on the maintenance dose of FP60 without the 2 cycle oil.

I use MMO in our vehicles from the first tank on and have for many years in many new vehicles with no problems.

Here in town there is quite a difference in gas prices and normally just go for best price.

Every month i put in 2 ounces of tcw3 for my 50L tank in my nissan. I know its not much but it should keep the pump more lubed. I have over 6 litres of it so i have to do something with it.

Get yourself some Red Line Fuel injector cleaner. It is also a UCL, and can be added at each fill up following their maintenance dose recommended amount.

I'll buy SI-1 as soon as I'm run through my stash of FP/FP+, Regane Concentrate, and Techron Concentrate. By then, it'll be SI-10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back