USA Hotel Chains

Hyatt has some nice places, like Hyatt House. I also like Doubletree.

I used to be impressed with Wyndham but no so much anymore, they acquired a bunch of junk properties and rebranded them.

Mariott has some new brands which have been nice (A-loft, Element), and some of the classics are always decent (Townplace)

I stay in a lot of hotels and just use hotels.com to get the rate discounted and collect free nights through them, not worth it to be stuck with one brand.

Everywhere I go I stay at Marriott. Overseas and domestic.

Me too.

I used to be a Starwood (Sheraton, Westin) guy. I’ve got a Starwood Amex (now Bonvoy) on which I get points for spending and extra points when I use it for stays. After the merger of Starwood, and Marriott, I’ve got over 1.5 million points, several hundred stays, and they treat me very, very well.

Hyatt or Marriott.

Me too.

I used to be a Starwood (Sheraton, Westin) guy. I’ve got a Starwood Amex (now Bonvoy) on which I get points for spending and extra points when I use it for stays. After the merger of Starwood, and Marriott, I’ve got over 1.5 million points, several hundred stays, and they treat me very, very well.
Give me one of those V70 T5s in your signature!

We stayed in a holiday inn/and suites just south of atlanta , stockbridge,ga in the spring.
The room was huge and very nice inside.
Deal at $100 a night.

Brand isn’t that important to me. I do like included internet and a decent included breakfast. I’ve gotten that at Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, and Residence Inn.

I always try to find a Homewood Suites since they have nice larger rooms with full kitchens, great hot breakfast and fast internet. They also provide complementary light dinners Mon. thru Thurs. that include beer, wine and soft drinks. Not the cheapest or most expensive lodgings, but excellent value for the price. My second choice is the Hilton Inn which is consistently nice and reasonable.

I always try to find a Homewood Suites since they have nice larger rooms with full kitchens, great hot breakfast and fast internet. They also provide complementary light dinners Mon. thru Thurs. that include beer, wine and soft drinks. Not the cheapest or most expensive lodgings, but excellent value for the price. My second choice is the Hilton Inn which is consistently nice and reasonable.

Thanks they look really nice.
They are about 25 miles from Palm Coast FL. But the price is nice as well.
Im definitely going to check them out.

Depends on what you're looking for (long term or short term, want full kitchen and so forth?) and budget.

IHG, Marriott and Hilton all have nice hotels and mid tier hotels. I pick more on the particular hotel than the brand...

I have to second the recommendation for the Homewood Suites (which is a Hilton Brand) for work/leisure. They seem to provide a good combo of reasonable price, comfy bed/pillows, nice bathroom sink area, small kitchen with full size fridge. The nice breakfast and light dinners M-Th are welcome and usually pretty good (especially when they have a nice wine and beer selection).

Also like Embassy Suites (Hilton Brand), for the nice made to order breakfast, but the rooms are typically more dated...at least when i used to stay there years ago.

Reactions: JC1
Back