US to pull 100,000 troops out of Europe and Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am curious why bush want pull 100,000 soldiers out from europe and asia? Is that because they were not helping US instead cut money supply to them?

quote:

Originally posted by fasty:
i am curious why bush want pull 100,000 soldiers out from europe and asia? Is that because they were not helping US instead cut money supply to them?

Why keep them there? What benefit is it to the USA? During the cold war our troops were there to prevent western europe from being dominatated and overrun by the soviets. That risk no longer exists.

Since WWII the understanding has been that what's best for western europe is what's best for the US. It's only now dawning on people that this may no longer be the case...

quote:

Very true, At least US is going save some $$

Is this another fairlytale "peace dividend"? Didn't work before ...won't work now.

Think in terms of regenerative energy sources. This naturally requires the ability to think in the abstract.

One black box -easy xxx goes in xxxx comes out

Multiple connected black boxes - xxx goes out of one ...into many ...comes back (some leakage and losses occur in transmission).

There's at least one Japanese Mayor who might be happy to get some of his sovereignty back.

http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=1&id=308763

quote:

NAHA — U.S. forces have refused to allow local police to conduct on-site investigations into Friday's crash of a U.S. Marines helicopter at Okinawa International University in Ginowan. "Tell me, who is supposed to be in control of our area," Ginowan Mayor Yoichi Iha complained.

The U.S. military blocked off roads leading to the university, while its personnel continued investigations Saturday at the site where the CH-53D transport helicopter crashed into a university building Friday. The 140 officers dispatched by the Okinawa prefectural police were barred from entering the crash site throughout Saturday

Did you see the 1 liner comment below that article? Looks like they want to kick out the US Military, by force if need be.

the final provocation
takuan_18 (Aug 15 2004 - 08:41)

Time for Okinawans to take up arms if needed and explain whose land this is

I seem to remember the S.Koreans also wanting the US military to leave also in late 2002. They had a few demonstrations voicing that. And then the news comes out that N.Korea is developing nukes and missile technology, and now no more anti-usa demonstrations. That must be the popular theme until they realize the US has become their first line of defense. Personally, I am in favor of pulling our troops back. Let SKoreans defend themselves against a belligerent NKorea. Let us see how they can defend themselves with UN resolutions.

Great news. Its more than overdue. We need to be smarter with the number of troops we have. And certainly some will go to Iraq. Thats the purpose of the Military-to fight. The only thing they are fighting in Europe is bar fights.

Send the rest to the Mexican border

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Great news. Its more than overdue. We need to be smarter with the number of troops we have. And certainly some will go to Iraq. Thats the purpose of the Military-to fight. The only thing they are fighting in Europe is bar fights.

Send the rest to the Mexican border

100% agreement here. I can't think of any more basic military function than border protection...

Also since a lot of folks were deployed from Germany to Iraq, it would be better for families to at least be in the states while their soldiers are deployed.

We were on schedule to go to Europe but with a lot of them getting the axe, we didn't want to get over there just to return back to conus in a year. so we took Ft. Campbell KY and the 101st Airborne Division, with a 36 month stabilization.

Now let's see, who did not support us recently? Maybe Germany and France.

Look to me like "I'll fix you, you ***".

Well help me with my memory .

Was not it explained that some of our euro allies were to form their own new alliance and after all these years we were to leave Germany and many other installations anyway ?

The name of this proposed new alliance skips me right now .

quote:

Let's look at the standard of living fall in Germany and France when more of their citizens' money is spent on national defense. It is so much nicer when someone else is footing the bill.

No ..it's more like all the servicemen and women and the facilities that were culled in the first "peace dividend" didn't dump billions into the Euro economy being effectively "paid tourists with guns". Therefore Euros didn't have as much hard cash (at the time) to buy imported US goods. Gosh ..if you people could only get the "bird's eye view" of this thing.
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back