US POSTAL SERVICE INCOMPETENCE

Way back on August 29th, I put rent check in mail. Fast forward to this pst Wednesday; landlord (known him for 27 years and worked for him part time) says he has t got rent from me. We both went to post office that day. It was either lost, stolen or 🤔🤔🤔🤔. Went to my bank, cancelled the check, got cash out and paid landlord. From now on I will go to his farm/house and hand deliver it to him.

I also haven’t received my PA Emissions Inspector license I recertified for last month. 🤬🤬🤬

What is up with the US Postal Service??

rant over

Attachments

• 40851D8A-B8DB-455D-AF09-0DE7AC168D50.jpeg
    40851D8A-B8DB-455D-AF09-0DE7AC168D50.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 20
Way back on August 29th, I put rent check in mail. Fast forward to this pst Wednesday; landlord (known him for 27 years and worked for him part time) says he has t got rent from me. We both went to post office that day. It was either lost, stolen or 🤔🤔🤔🤔. Went to my bank, cancelled the check, got cash out and paid landlord. From now on I will go to his farm/house and hand deliver it to him.

I also haven’t received my PA Emissions Inspector license I recertified for last month. 🤬🤬🤬

What is up with the US Postal Service??

rant over
They are horrible in my area too. My Georgia Power bill shows up usually within 3 days before due date. Dang, it’s only 135 miles to Atlanta. I’ve gotten to where I pay most of my bills by phone. I don’t need any problems due to the USPS.

Same kind of junk here. We constantly get mail for someone who has the same box number but on a different road. I believe they sometimes get our mail also. We have had some missing mail too and I think it went to the wrong box.

Never mail a check cause it has your name, address, Bank name, account and routing # on check.....
Very easy way for a crook to try and steal or redirect cash out of your account.

I would just give landlord the cash and get a receipt for that month rent PAID IN FULL.

Last edited:
Never mail a check cause it has your name, address, Bank name, account and routing # on check.....
Very easy way for a crook to try and steal or redirect cash out of your account.

I would just give landlord the cash and get a receipt for that months rent PAID IN FULL.
Exactly why said I’m paying him in person here on out

That’s weird. I got a package delivered here to Virginia from Washington state and it got here today and the guy shipped it Thursday. Seems they are always hit or miss always super fast or super slow.

Not a fan nor a serious critic of the USPS. Most Americans only direct and frequent interaction with the US government is the mail service. Many years ago I got to know my mail carrier pretty well. He was a car guy like me. After work one day he brought his ride to my hovel and let me take it for a spin. Whee, like the fist dip on a roller coaster.

1631398576051.jpg

Just like most businesess...... the post office is probably understaffed so it's going to take longer to get mail than it used to.

That’s weird. I got a package delivered here to Virginia from Washington state and it got here today and the guy shipped it Thursday. Seems they are always hit or miss always super fast or super slow.
I also had a package get shipped from West Palm Beach (WPB) last Thursday. (I live in Mt. Dora, 25 miles from Orlando). Went from WPB to Port Saint Lucie and now (Saturday) back in WPB. Last I can track is that it’s still in WPB. Nothing shows for today (Saturday). USPS says I will get it Monday.
I don’t believe them.

A few months ago, sent a Money Order to SiriusXM, Return receipt requested. Took OVER two weeks to get there, plus I NEVER GOT THE RETURN RECEIPT BACK.

Next time I order anything, I’ll insist it gets shipped by UPS, FedEX, etc.

As much as I love to bash the PO when they mess up it really is not fair. We get to see the carrier driving around but not the 100's of thousands of pieces of mail going through the system with some poor person trying to read an address that their machine cant and then routing it correctly and all done with hundreds or thousands of job cuts. My Sister in law use to work in a routing center and would tell me about sitting for hours with envelops shooting by at 3 or 4 per min for them to decode and with cut backs and people talking about disbanding the USPS it has gotten worse. Going postal was not coined because of the easy going relaxed work atmosphere at the PO. If you want to up the chance of getting your mail where it is suppose to be make sure you neatly block print the address so the optical reader can read it or else some poor person is going to have to decode it hopefully correctly.

Back