Upset with RockAuto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are changing at Rock and not for the better it seems. I use to buy a lot from them and if there was a problem they would ship a new part right out.
Most of the time they said to just toss the damaged part including mufflers, not anymore. They want you to buy a new one then send the old one back.

You have to watch their closeouts also, I bought some Continental belts that were some off brand garbage made in China that had nothing to do with Conti.
I still buy from them but no where near what i did, some of the stuff is good and hard to find eg Sachs struts but stay away from unknown names.

Actually, my only real beef with RockAuto is when the cost to send the core back to them exceeds the core charge... Brake calipers come to mind.

I ONLY buy items with no core charges attached.

Originally Posted By: Norm Olt
Actually, my only real beef with RockAuto is when the cost to send the core back to them exceeds the core charge... Brake calipers come to mind.

I ONLY buy items with no core charges attached.

I hear you man. Especially when shipping from Canada.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Surprisingly, the best place I've found for ordering car parts online (both lowest in price & best customer service)is Amazon.com.

This is not always the case. If you're a smart shopper and compare prices on every order you'll find Amazon is not always the cheapest. RA can be cheaper, and sometimes by a lot. I generally compare prices between RA, Amazon, Advance auto with discount code, ebay sellers and a couple other retailers.

The reason I've ordered from RA 20+ times is because they've beat other sellers on price. I've also had good customer service from RA. Once they sent me a part that had clearly been installed. I was concerned it was removed because of a defect I wouldn't find until I installed it. I called them and they shipped me a new part for free.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Surprisingly, the best place I've found for ordering car parts online (both lowest in price & best customer service)is Amazon.com.

This is not always the case. If you're a smart shopper and compare prices on every order you'll find Amazon is not always the cheapest. RA can be cheaper, and sometimes by a lot. I generally compare prices between RA, Amazon, Advance auto with discount code, ebay sellers and a couple other retailers.

The reason I've ordered from RA 20+ times is because they've beat other sellers on price. I've also had good customer service from RA. Once they sent me a part that had clearly been installed. I was concerned it was removed because of a defect I wouldn't find until I installed it. I called them and they shipped me a new part for free.

+1

I have placed more than 20 orders from RA. Had to contact customer service once or twice and they have always treated me fairly.

Their prices have been creeping up lately. Sometimes I can get the part locally for about the same price. But when I needed a starter recently, RA was a third of the price delivered than the local stores. Fortunately I have a back-up car and could wait on shipping.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I ordered a LUK clutch from them. It came shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard in a "pizza box". This was loose in a larger shipping box.

It's not dented or damaged and works FINE.

You seem like the kind of customer for a brick & mortar store, or, better yet, just buy the mufflers through your mechanic.

This. RoakAuto's response is completely reasonable. And as stated, as soon as yours is verified as shipped by the shipper, then they'll send the new one out. I understand your frustration, but when you're working on such a tight schedule, you're really hoping the stars align and that everything can come together as planned.

I also agree - these should have simply been purchased thru your muffler installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back