Upper cylinder lubricant which best brand?

But does it still contain chlorinated HC. (1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene) That ain't going in my engine or gas tank.
Agree MMO also phosphorus around 600 ppm which will burn which also create burn residue. MMO maybe ok used to clean engine sludge may 1 -5 % engine capacity.

Agree MMO also phosphorus around 600 ppm which will burn which also create burn residue. MMO maybe ok used to clean engine sludge may 1 -5 % engine capacity.
What? Oh man that makes no sense.

MMO added to fuel won't do anything for valve stem seals because the seals are located at the top of the valves not the bottom near the combustion chamber, MMO won't do anything for intake deposits. It's only legal to sell because it won't harm your emissions system. It's not legal to sell because of performance claims. This goes for all fuel additives.

Motor oil keeps the valve stem seals in good condition unless the seals themselves are made out of the incorrect material.

BTW.. Your engine isn't GDI.

Last edited:

MMO added to fuel won't do anything for valve stem seals because the seals are located at the top of the valves not the bottom near the combustion chamber, MMO won't do anything for intake deposits. It's only legal to sell because it won't harm your emissions system. It's not legal to sell because of performance claims. This goes for all fuel additives.

Motor oil keeps the valve stem seals in good condition unless the seals themselves are made out of the incorrect material.

Large amounts of imagination in this thread as to what is being lubed by the UCL.

I say it 600 ppm of phosphorus which burn leaves residue . I did say anything not about seals. ( I agree only for his post that mmo other chemicals it has.

I say it 600 ppm of phosphorus which burn leaves residue . I did say anything not about seals. ( I agree only for his post that mmo other chemicals it has.
Point taken but also I'm talking about your original post or someone else said something about the seals. In any case there's no need for the stuff. Maybe 40-50 years ago when motor oil wasn't all that great but never in an engine built within the last 20 years.

Point taken but also I'm talking about your original post. Seriously there's no need for the stuff. Maybe 40-50 years ago when motor oil wasn't all that great but never in an engine built within the last 20 years.
I agree it not need on everyday used unless you piston rings are wore. But I am try used for 100 miles so when I used intake valve cleaner ( crc intake valve cleaner or seafoam ss14 ) I kind upper cylinder lubricant when I clean because there carbon which will on cylinder head and wall which will scratch cylinder wall. To protect it need some kind lubricant.

I agree it not need on everyday used unless you piston rings are wore. But I am try used for 100 miles so when I used intake valve cleaner ( crc intake valve cleaner or seafoam ss14 ) I kind upper cylinder lubricant when I clean because there carbon which will on cylinder head and wall which will scratch cylinder wall. To protect it need some kind lubricant.
It won't work like that. CRC will turn the carbon into soft goo and will be gone from the combustion chamber within the first few seconds you re-start the engine.

This is nothing but imagination.

So what kind of deposits does phosphorus leave again?

It won't work like that. CRC will turn the carbon into soft goo and will be gone from the combustion chamber within the first few seconds you re-start the engine.
I know that what crc tell but there will some carbon which will make combustion camber. Carbon it self very hard so there will some that will there for a while . So like spend little more money used bitgo recommend best upper cylinder lubricant.

I know that what crc tell but there will some carbon which will make combustion camber. Carbon it self very hard so there will some that will there for a while . So like spend little more money used bitgo recommend best upper cylinder lubricant.
No it won't be there for awhile.

This is nothing but imagination.

So what kind of deposits does phosphorus leave again?
So you saying phosphorus is ash-less and will not leave deposit ? Because I have when burn phosphorus it will produce phosphorus pentoxide which white solid in color.

So you saying phosphorus is ash-less and will not leave deposit ? Because I have when burn phosphorus it will produce phosphorus pentoxide which white solid in color.
Is that the ash that is left and leaves deposits? I thought those were metal oxides that did that. I've never heard of this type of deposit.

Is that the ash that is left and leaves deposits? I thought those were metal oxides that did that. I've never heard of this type of deposit.
I was under impression that when phosphorus is burn it leave deposit . But that was my opinion / guess I don’t have any evidence to back that up I have read research paper there I have read when you burn phosphorus will air/oxygen it by product is phosphorus pentoxide .

Walmart lubricating oil 30wt for pass through applications has no additives..its just 30wt mineral oil. Nothing else. Slipperiest stuff I have ever rubbed on myself....I mean between my fingers...

As a 10 year old in 1970 my uncle ran local circle track. He had a bunch of loose heads and valves which I used to play with. I had noticed when dropping the valve down into the head the valve would spin and whirl around most of the time before settling down. My Dad took some lead off of an old head bolt and applied it to the valve face. Guess what! the valve would settle down nicely with no gymnastics. Dad and uncle would say taking out the lead is a bad thing for the valves..hardened or not. Years later when ya had to run no-lead at the track uncle would run upper lube. It was worth 1/4 sec off a half mile track when he ran the ucl. Some one way back did a slow motion video of valves in motion with and without lead to back up the keep the lead crowd. The lead ucl worked. Ya can't say with a straight face that all the people complaining about removing the lead ucl were wrong and the environmentalists were right...or can ya?

There was as much talk about removing lead then as there is today about ev's.

Oh...the plugs when removed from the motor he ran ucl in had a fine coating of oil on the threads.

Last edited:
Back