upper cylinder lubricant article

Status
Not open for further replies.
box and brett, thank you, I'm glad to be here. typing is getting better than before.

jag, I think that the blow torch is a good idea like suggested. as for hot spots, I would think even if it is hotter than and engine, it proves a point that certain ucl's do varnish up over others.

I was not aware that the 131 is an ucl until it was pointed out and I looked at the tech sheets and found that it does. so, as being human and and old dog, I figured out that I can learn new tricks, I stand corrected. I will say it isn't as thick as others so it won't varnish like others. I do agree, m/c's are hotter than regular engines.

Guess I was thinking of a welding torch. But a propane torch is not that hot relatively speaking. I'm just wondering if that is a representative "test" since UCL is severly diluted with gasoline at approx 1oz/5gal ratio and the combustion occurs under pressure, while the blow torch method is only at atmospheric pressure and with no dilution. Wouldn't the chemicals and molecules react differently in those different situations?

Lucas doesn't sell UCL. Lucas sells "fuel treatment".

Upper cylinder lube is just a generic marketing term.

For any article to have any clout, have them prove it.

I'm glad that I use Rotella. But, I think that I'm using it wrong. Maybe I should add it to my gas and not to the engines oil pan
pat2.gif

I would think that infrequent oil changes and cheap performing oils would cause more issues!

I have a bottle of Lucas right in front of me and on the front it has inside a shield-shaped thing it says in big letters "Hi-Performance Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant" and underneath is "with Injector cleaners And Fuel Conditioners" so at least they are selling it as a UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back