Updated M1 FS 0w-40 - More PAO

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Just noticed the Pour Point for M1 0w-40 was reduced to -60C:
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.24.20 AM.jpg

Which isn't remotely close to what's on the SDS, which shows -42C and is from 2019, still showing 10-20% PAO:
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.29.49 AM.jpg

I checked the UK SDS and it shows
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.22.59 AM.jpg

I also checked the German SDS, which is dated November 10th, 2021, and it shows the same increase in PAO content and
What doesn't match is KV40 and KV100 at the moment, which are 78 and 13.8 for both the German and UK SDS sheets, while the old US sheet matches the PDS. Will see if those get modified in the next little bit on the US website.

View attachment 78042
Which isn't remotely close to what's on the SDS, which shows -42C and is from 2019, still showing 10-20% PAO:
View attachment 78044

I checked the UK SDS and it shows View attachment 78043

I also checked the German SDS, which is dated November 10th, 2021, and it shows the same increase in PAO content and
What doesn't match is KV40 and KV100 at the moment, which are 78 and 13.8 for both the German and UK SDS sheets, while the old US sheet matches the PDS. Will see if those get modified in the next little bit on the US website.
Imagine that and it is only $27 for 5 qts at Wally's. Naw, it cant be any good. LM, Ravenol, Motul, etc must be better, they cost more. LOL

This is interesting. A surprising move to go back to pao especially in a product that can easily do without if especially if they don't adjust the price on top of that in these inflating market times as pao is more expensive and most retailers don't wanna increase prices to not upset customers. There are some hidden financial factors at play.

They do look to have cut the gtl out. I think it's another group 3 plus or maybe visom blend.

Or could be because of stock shortages or base stock distribution prioritization. Contracts stipulating minimum quantities delivered or received that may not be met could result higher losses than just using something else that's more expensive but not too much so you could reduce the cut in margins that way.

Could even be because a contract couldn't be renewed with the unit and cost terms both parties could agree to so there isn't one. Can't guarantee to distribute enough and at a promised price that will still be profitable to you because of how you know or even speculate how the economy or market is going then it's best to not agree in the first place. I've had these instances at work. If you promise something you can't guarantee on paper then it's lawsuit time and if you do make the guarantee work but at a higher cost to you than you thought then you still lose either way unless you don't risk it in the first place if you know better. That's how these mass quantity corporate level distribution contracts work. I've dealt with these signed mass orders that couldn't be met. The legal team along with the accountants as the advisors in some cases if it directly hurts profits immediately get involved.

This is interesting. A surprising move to go back to pao especially in a product that can easily do without if especially if they don't adjust the price on top of that in these inflating market times as pao is more expensive and most retailers don't wanna increase prices to not upset customers. There are some hidden financial factors at play.

They do look to have cut the gtl out. I think it's another group 3 plus or maybe visom blend.

Or could be because of stock shortages or base stock distribution prioritization. Contracts stipulating minimum quantities delivered or received that may not be met could result higher losses than just using something else that's more expensive but not too much so you could reduce the cut in margins that way.

Could even be because a contract couldn't be renewed with the unit and cost terms both parties could agree to so there isn't one. Can't guarantee to distribute enough and at a promised price that will still be profitable to you because of how you know or even speculate how the economy or market is going then it's best to not agree in the first place. I've had these instances at work. If you promise something you can't guarantee on paper then it's lawsuit time and if you do make the guarantee work but at a higher cost to you than you thought then you still lose either way unless you don't risk it in the first place if you know better. That's how these mass quantity corporate level distribution contracts work. I've dealt with these signed mass orders that couldn't be met. The legal team along with the accountants as the advisors in some cases if it directly hurts profits immediately get involved.
^^^ The answer is here - somewhere ^^^

View attachment 78042
View attachment 78044

I checked the UK SDS and it shows View attachment 78043

...and AFE 0W-20 went from 20-30% to no mention of it in the new MSDS

After check some notes, typical formulations:

a) full PAO (mids 13 cst@100ºC): 44% SpectraSyn4 + 23% SpectraSyn6 + 10% AN
b) full PAO (mids 12 cst@100ºC): 34% SpectraSyn4 + 40% SpectraSyn6
c) mineral + PAO (mids 12 cst@100ºC): 50% Yubase4 + 27% SpectraSyn4. After Visom4 vs GTL.

Today could be EHC45 + SpectraSyn4 + little III because Mobil EHC II+ move.

Viscosity stability of a base stock? As in viscosity index?

Exactly I said NL visco est, as final product base oils mixed, incredible good performance for med-long runs on different engines and driving styles. Of course base oils have their properties as VI and Visom was great on it.

Back