Update to SKF bearing thread- bearing recieved pics included

Since I didn't notice an edit option to the original thread.

There are no markings on the hard parts. It doesn't seem to be sealing well and the grease seems kind of thin. Anyway, I've sent this to SKF and waiting to hear from them. Seems to be so many fake bearings out there. This is for the AC compressor for a 2006 Tacoma. I've been wanting to do some maintenance as I've noticed a slight squeak under the hook so I figured on replacing the tensioner and the idler bearings plus the AC bearing.

Attachments

• bearing 1.jpg
    bearing 1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 129
  • bearing 2.jpg
    bearing 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 124
  • bearing 4.jpg
    bearing 4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 126
  • bearing 6.jpg
    bearing 6.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 128

OK everyone my apologies. It's an NSK bearing not SKF. I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I should stay off the computer after waking up in the middle of the night.

My problem with the bearing is the grease is seeping out of the seal. As you can see in the pictures there is a gap between the inner race and seal. Needless to say I can't use the bearing and will return it.

Never use old bearings that the grease has leaked out. The balls or rollers have lost their protection from corrosion. I've started motors and blowers that have set in vacant buildings for few yeas regreased everything a had multiple bearing failures in days.

Back